Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: i43 - Possible new venue

Re: i43 - Possible new venue

I would much prefer Newbury and telford is 40 mins away from me, i voted no and heres hoping others do the same

Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    I'm gonna be honest here - If it's at Telford, I will most likely have to cancel. The travel there, the travel back for Reading on Friday, the travel back to i43, then back to Oxford, only to pack and go to Kenilworth on the first (can't go earlier, landlord is a tool), which is the same direction - I just can't afford the fuel.
    Well thats bollocks Oric, you have money coming out of your ears, you buy a fucking dominoes every night ffs Just the other day you were boasting about the fuel econ of your car, it will cost you an extra £30 max which you can easily afford!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    Well thats bollocks Oric, you have money coming out of your ears, you buy a fucking dominoes every night ffs Just the other day you were boasting about the fuel econ of your car, it will cost you an extra £30 max which you can easily afford!!!!!
    Calculating it, it's about £70 over five days. Yes, the car is ecomonical, but doing that much driving won't really matter. I'm not going in-depth into comments on my personal financials (which I actually find insulting that you would use that as a reason for me coming), but whilst I am very fortunate to be in the position I am, previous expenditures (such as my bass), student living costs and savings for future ones (i.e my planned trip to Vegas), have made things like that difficult to do. Plus, aside from cost, it would also be a 4 hour round trip on thursday, basically nullifying the EAS (get there early, set-up, then drive back), a further 2 hours Friday night, getting to i43 about midnight, two hours back on the sunday, then another hour and a half on the 1st - madness!

No Oric just No, its a 552 mile round trip according to google, which in your car, even if you only get 65mpg will cost just over £50...it really is a poor excuse not to go Oric and I don't understand why if you have the money you wouldn't go, your going to be sat at home, on mumble listening to us partly enjoying are selves missing out on a good time, meeting everyone! Also we won't have any Oric hugs which will be disappointing and won't be able to comment on any huge wow fails!!! Just wear your mini and stop complaining, you southerns its like the venue is and hour and abit away on no i can't go, where as us northern lot have had to drive 300milse plus every time, didn't bother us though!!!! (rant over)

No Oric just No, its a 552 mile round trip according to google, which in your car, even if you only get 65mpg will cost just over £50...it really is a poor excuse not to go Oric and I don't understand why if you have the money you wouldn't go, your going to be sat at home, on mumble listening to us partly enjoying are selves missing out on a good time, meeting everyone! Also we won't have any Oric hugs which will be disappointing and won't be able to comment on any huge wow fails!!! Just wear your mini and stop complaining, you southerns its like the venue is and hour and abit away on no i can't go, where as us northern lot have had to drive 300milse plus every time, didn't bother us though!!!! (rant over)
    Dude, a 500 mile trip isn't something i'd wish on anyone, especially if they have to go to other places as well for other reasons. I don't think he's citing money or even the distance as a major factor, just the fag of being in a car the whole time for very little benefit.

Also.... in the south versus north debate........ you will always lose :P

your going to be sat at home, on mumble listening to us partly enjoying are selves
    possibly naked!

-------edit-------
    oric i mean lol
    Last edited by Setsoru; 10th May 2011 at 12:09 AM. Reason: im a dumb cunt
    i am vindictive, faggits!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

I say go for the Telford location. It looks like it'll make the event much more exciting for all involved, but ONLY IF it's done right. I'm totally willing to trust MPUK if they think they have enough time to make this new location work.

But remember, if you don't get basic things right, then you'll be absolutely scathed. This means things like proper air conditioning, amazing security, plenty of showers and clean toilets, a filled exhibition hall, enough camping space and thorough network & power tests so there are no major cockups.

I'm also the kind of person that hates to go to such a big space, but see most of it empty. Like i37 for example. You'd put up a partition wall across half of the exhibition room, because you blatantly hadn't found enough companies to fill it. If you can fill these new awesome Telford rooms to the brim with companies and an amazing finals area that's on par to the i34 kind of setup, then everyone will love you forever. Looks like MPUK has its work cut out for the summer, but I'm sure it's possible!
    Gah too many adjectives.

I think having loads of people throwing stuff about is part of the fun lol, and all the chanting and other madness. Reconsidering I think I preferred the atmosphere at i34 and i37 when everyone was in the same room together, plus it'd be better if we're doing another sponsorship thingy like we did with Novint making use of the projector, since every attendee will be able to see it.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

I remember at i34 that it was quite communal and I liked being able to see everything that was going on. I did seem to think however that people were getting really antsy about any immature behaviour and blaming it on "kids" when it was mainly the adults getting sloshed and being annoying. I might go to a Lan next year if possible. EDIT: and its not anywhere north of Bristol. I don't wish to be infected.
    Last edited by Hutch; 10th May 2011 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Dude, a 500 mile trip isn't something i'd wish on anyone, especially if they have to go to other places as well for other reasons. I don't think he's citing money or even the distance as a major factor, just the fag of being in a car the whole time for very little benefit.
    Got it in one. And Chris, your really starting to piss me off - I don't live in a golden house with a desk made of cookies. Aside from that, I'm not going into my finances with you, and again, I think it's fucking insulting to insinuate anything to do with that as the sole reason as to come to this. I, and only I, know those numbers, and I will not be critisised on what I decide to do with it. I know that I cannot personally afford the money, time and effort in driving that far in order to attend the event - that should be enough for anyone to accept.

I don't exactly like it either - as I just said to Joe and Marshy, I want to come to this desperatly, but if this goes through, I won't be there.
    Last edited by Isphera; 10th May 2011 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chazlene View Post
    making use of the projector, since every attendee will be able to see it.
    now EVERYONE can see a monkey forcing a frog to suck its cock. And we can cover it in Novint and ATK logos
    i am vindictive, faggits!

Why do you see driving as a bad thing? And yes Oric we know in your Castle you don't have a cookie desk, but I heard rumors that you are the man that grows money for Barclay's. All I'm saying is that most people, in our gifted situation would not let a small amount of money stop us attending this event, I don't think personally that the driving is really a problem.

FUCKING MEEEEOW!!!!

Are you for real?

I'm only joking with you Oric jesus lighten up, you take it so seriously and like its a personal assault on you. Fuck its not like I raped your dog...
    We will discuss this over mumble at a later date, as clearly typing it to you is read as a declaration of war

I'm only joking with you Oric jesus lighten up, you take it so seriously and like its a personal assault on you. Fuck its not like I raped your dog...
    We will discuss this over mumble at a later date, as clearly typing it to you is read as a declaration of war
    Problem #1 - sarcasm and banter never comes over in text .

I thought the Castle and the Barclays money growing would have...maybe a coop of bird like £notes?

Thread Information