Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: i43 - Possible new venue

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Re: i43 - Possible new venue

I prefered my desk made out of cookies. Although I suspect that I wouldn't have a desk if that were the case

A controversial suggestion Oric;

Don't go to reading?
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    A controversial suggestion Oric;

Don't go to reading?
    Fair point, but I think I said in the first post that the lineup on the Friday this year is so good, there is no way in hell I don't go.

It's an OK lineup I guess.

Inb4 you regret not coming to i43.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    Calculating it, it's about £70 over five days. Yes, the car is ecomonical, but doing that much driving won't really matter. I'm not going in-depth into comments on my personal financials (which I actually find insulting that you would use that as a reason for me coming), but whilst I am very fortunate to be in the position I am, previous expenditures (such as my bass), student living costs and savings for future ones (i.e my planned trip to Vegas), have made things like that difficult to do. Plus, aside from cost, it would also be a 4 hour round trip on thursday, basically nullifying the EAS (get there early, set-up, then drive back), a further 2 hours Friday night, getting to i43 about midnight, two hours back on the sunday, then another hour and a half on the 1st - madness!
    try 10-20 to the gallon for work every day of the week then complain. its an I series in the summer its a must. wont have my new car by then it seems but will still travel in something lol mpg.

Oric, you going to Reading with anyone else?

But yeah, Oric.

You /will/ regret not coming to i43. Reading will probably be on TV, which you can then download from the internet, I know it's not the same, but it's more convenient, comfortable and much more rewarding than going to a sweaty, loud and wet gig

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    Oric, you going to Reading with anyone else?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    But yeah, Oric.

You /will/ regret not coming to i43. Reading will probably be on TV, which you can then download from the internet, I know it's not the same, but it's more convenient, comfortable and
    much more rewarding than going to a sweaty, loud and wet gig
    But it's going to sweaty, loud and wet gigs I enjoy. Yes, I enjoy playing with you guys as well, but as I said, with the line-up on the Friday being as good as it is, I'm not missing it. Would I regret it? Yes, undoubtably. But I also have to weigh in the time, effort and money it would take to do both, which, as I said, is not desirable or possible.

And the TV point is a non-starter - sure, I can watch all manner of live gigs on TV and YouTube, but nothing compares to the atomosphere of a live gig.
    Last edited by Isphera; 10th May 2011 at 07:11 PM.

Sadface.

So your saying people (bands) you don't even know come ahead of the 20 or so people that will be at i43, at least 10 of which you spend a lot of time with gaming and talking to....these bands will be around for ages, where as its not likely that we will all keeping going to i-series year after year...I R DISAPPOINT

Gamer IDs

Joking or not, as far as I see it, and as you should know, attempting to pursuade me in changing my mind or guilting me into it just doesn't work. Best thing to do - hope that they don't shift it.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    Yes.

But it's going to sweaty, loud and wet gigs I enjoy. Yes, I enjoy playing with you guys as well, but as I said, with the line-up on the Friday being as good as it is, I'm not missing it. Would I regret it? Yes, undoubtably. But I also have to weigh in the time, effort and money it would take to do both, which, as I said, is not desirable or possible.

And the TV point is a non-starter - sure, I can watch all manner of live gigs on TV and YouTube, but nothing compares to the atomosphere of a live gig.
    Out of interest oric, who is playing you want to see, and what time does the last band you want to see finish?

Is it you driving that's the issue, or the actual time spent travelling?

LoL lets just kidnap Oric and his pc

Well it looks like its going to Telford and is going to be massive, most people on Tek9 have seen this a good thing, the event that Stoneleigh should have been, tbh I think stoneleigh was really good just because everyone was in the same hall. And everyone thinks that having it at a more central location is a great thing. Personally I can't wait

Thread Information