Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: i43 - Possible new venue

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Re: i43 - Possible new venue

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mitch View Post
    Out of interest oric, who is playing you want to see, and what time does the last band you want to see finish?
    The whole of the main stage essentially. Ends about 11ish. And to answer the inevitable next question. It's not the getting there at 1am I object to, it's the sheer effort and time of spending four hours driving back from there and then back just for two days - one of which I'll be completely whacked from the day before anyway, as well as wasting EAS (which would essentially be turn up, set up, go back home)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    Is it you driving that's the issue, or the actual time spent travelling?
    Actual time, money and effort spent over the weekend, plus the need to actually have some spare money to set up bills at house on Sept. 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    Well it looks like its going to Telford and is going to be massive, most people on Tek9 have seen this a good thing, the event that Stoneleigh should have been, tbh I think stoneleigh was really good just because everyone was in the same hall. And everyone thinks that having it at a more central location is a great thing. Personally I can't wait
    Whilst in absence of this Reading situation, I would normally be in favour of it, isn't Telford a massive room as well? In fairness, I think there is enough of us to possibly get a box or go into one of these smaller areas, with only say 100 people in. One of the main reasons I disliked stoneleigh was that everyone was in a huge room. Whilst not a dealbreaker on this, I believe it ruined the social aspect that smaller areas such as the ones in Newbury had.

EDIT - @Mitch, full list is:

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE
    THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS (Rumoured to be calling it quits afterwards)
    THE OFFSPRING
    DEFTONES
    RISE AGAINST
    BRING ME THE HORIZON
    NEW FOUND GLORY
    THE BLACKOUT
    ARCHITECTS
    SUB FOCUS (LIVE)

EDIT2 - @Mitch again - If there was any doubt in me coming anyway, if it does move to Telford, me coming to Newcastle is pretty much set in stone.
    Last edited by Isphera; 11th May 2011 at 01:05 AM.

I can only agree that at times it was a bit loud at Stoneleigh but generally it was good, although I do like the social aspect of Newbury, but if we don't try we won't know, it could be brilliant

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    I can only agree that at times it was a bit loud at Stoneleigh but generally it was good, although I do like the social aspect of Newbury, but if we don't try we won't know, it could be brilliant
    Turns out there is a scenario where everyone's happy, thanks to Mitch pointing out that me going to EAS for half an hour was essentially pointless and optional.

So, if it does change to Telford, I will actually turn up, just not until Saturday - yes, I miss all the EAS banter and the first day, but I get to make my own entrance, and I'll be there pretty early anyway, so I won't miss out too much else. Only thing I may miss is if the SC2 tournament starts on Friday, but tbf, that was just for the banter anyway :S
    Last edited by Isphera; 12th May 2011 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    Turns out there is a scenario where everyone's happy, thanks to Mitch pointing out that me going to EAS for half an hour was essentially pointless and optional.

So, if it does change to Telford, I will actually turn up, just not until Saturday - yes, I miss all the EAS banter and the first day, but I get to make my own entrance, and I'll be there pretty early anyway, so I won't miss out too much else. Only thing I may miss is if the SC2 tournament starts on Friday, but tbf, that was just for the banter anyway :S
    that's more like it

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/2011/lineup/

awesome lineup should clearly just go to that instead.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ez64 View Post

I am - albeit for some of the time, as I have exams that weekend as well. And Sonisphere.

Sonisphere lineup is better this year, METALLICA!!!!!! So I'm going there.
    But I would like to see System and Rob Zombie too.

Yay Oric, well done mitch... although you miss the first couple of days, you get to meet the zombiefied atk on saturday

Just been on the multiplay website looking at the extra info shiz, there sooo much to do, looks sweet...anyone for bowling???
    Last edited by Target; 12th May 2011 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Sonisphere lineup is better this year, METALLICA!!!!!! So I'm going there.
    But I would like to see System and Rob Zombie too.
    Was going as well but all my friends decided to go rock royalty, ive got better things to spend #380 on other than the ticket itself

Would be nice to see thin lizzy live as well, I know they are not thin lizzy without phil lynott but im never going to get the chance to see that.

yeah its been confirmed now, i43 is @ telford (not that it was really obvious anyway)

Was going as well but all my friends decided to go rock royalty, ive got better things to spend #380 on other than the ticket itself

Would be nice to see thin lizzy live as well, I know they are not thin lizzy without phil lynott but im never going to get the chance to see that.
    I don't understand people who buy vip packages, its paying for some minor extra privileges including a pre set up tent. My friend and I going have got guest passes for the bar there anyway. I doubt we'll use them unless we get mega bored on thursday

I don't understand people who buy vip packages, its paying for some minor extra privileges including a pre set up tent. My friend and I going have got guest passes for the bar there anyway. I doubt we'll use them unless we get mega bored on thursday
    its more the separate area and bar they wanted but its still silly money for what you get.

Gamer IDs

its more the separate area and bar they wanted but its still silly money for what you get.
    I think they're target at older festval goers who have a bit more money to spend on things like this and get away from the hub-bub of the main bars.

So those people are therefore grouchy old men? :P Any kind of class system on anything like transport or festivals where only money gets you more is bad, trains especially. Man when the revolution comes, no more goddamn first class train carriages, piss me right off. And VIP in clubs.... most pointless ineffectual thing ever. Be a common man!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

So those people are therefore grouchy old men? :P Any kind of class system on anything like transport or festivals where only money gets you more is bad, trains especially. Man when the revolution comes, no more goddamn first class train carriages, piss me right off. And VIP in clubs.... most pointless ineffectual thing ever. Be a common man!
    What? If somebody pays more money they should get a better product, it's the same for everything. It's win:win, rich people get a better experience because they can afford it, and the seller gets more revenue because they can charge different prices for different people. Nowhere does the poor guy lose.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Thread Information