Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: i43 Clan Box?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

Re: i43 Clan Box?

Quote Originally Posted by Calneon View Post
    What do you mean? You're still in the same room as 36 other people. Is that not enough for you?
    No it's not good enough. I can remember having so much fun at i34 and i37 due to the fact we were in a massive room, with the conga lines, chanting, throwing stuff about, etc. I seriously think if we were in a clan box we'd feel isolated from the rest of the event and end up getting bored a lot. Plus we might as well have a lan at someone's house if you'd prefer to be in a small room just by ourselves.
    Last edited by Chazlene; 24th May 2011 at 05:59 PM.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post

Arguments For and Against clanboxes:

FOR
    We can turn lights on and off
    No CoD kids screaming (except Target)
    Better Aircon
    Windows
    Security
    Chance to bring thinks like maybe alcohol in

AGAINST
    Less people around (isolation)
    Slightly (1 Corridor) Further away from everything
    Detracts from the whole 'big-LAN' point of the iSeries
    I've tidied VH's For and against up with a significantly less biased view.

The No Advertising and Little to no Atmosphere are both completely up to us. Out 2 rows at Newbury were where the majority (im not saying all) of the ATK banter happened. Obliviously you can still go into the LAN and see people there or bring them back to our room, and the same with advertsisng.

As for We don't know what it'll be like, I dont think its fair to put I DONT LIKE CHANGE as a reason... weve never even been tho this venue before so you could put that on FOR and AGAISNT if you want.

As i said before I dont mind either way, but that post by VH was so incredibly biased I thought I should tidy it up :P
    Last edited by Colonel Mitch; 24th May 2011 at 06:21 PM.

group masturbation sesh in clan box? is that another for?

You know what, fuck it, have the clan-box.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    ofc it was incredibly biased, I don't want the clanbox, I'm entitled to show my opinion in any way that I want
    And the revised list you've made is biased towards keeping the clan box, if you were aiming for neutrality.

/margh
    How is it biased towards having the clanbox?

Lol at my ninja-edit the second you quote that post.

Same reason my post was biased?
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

tbh i dont care il sit anywhere aslong as its not next to DK or neer Dk or even if i can smell DK in the building ... is DK dead im assuming so

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CILLIT BANG View Post
    group masturbation sesh in clan box? is that another for?
    Good point, might have to change my mind then.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

There are as many points for a clan box as there are against one. It's just difference in opinion.

When I was at i33 with just Cal and Trig I was sitting next to some randomer and had an absolutely awesome time with him over the weekend playing a bunch of games. We still chat on Steam every now and again. So, just because you don't chat to the 2980 other people, doesn't mean others won't.

You can probably tell, but my opinion now has most definitely swayed to being in the main hall.

Also, although the clan boxes aren't bad, I absolutely loved how everyone really knew there was an ATK presence at i40. You can see 20 people sat in red shirts a mile off, and it's great promo. Sponsors simply wouldn't get as good a deal if were were hid away in a room.

Finally though, ATK is a community. We are open to everyone and need to appear that way. If we're sat in the main room, we're a hell of a lot more approachable. Anyway, didn't we meet ez64 that way? If we sat in a clan box that year, he wouldn't be a member!
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

BOOM

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    There are as many points for a clan box as there are against one. It's just difference in opinion.

When I was at i33 with just Cal and Trig I was sitting next to some randomer and had an absolutely awesome time with him over the weekend playing a bunch of games. We still chat on Steam every now and again. So, just because you don't chat to the 2980 other people, doesn't mean others won't.

You can probably tell, but my opinion now has most definitely swayed to being in the main hall.

Also, although the clan boxes aren't bad, I absolutely loved how everyone really knew there was an ATK presence at i40. You can see 20 people sat in red shirts a mile off, and it's great promo. Sponsors simply wouldn't get as good a deal if were were hid away in a room.

Finally though, ATK is a community. We are open to everyone and need to appear that way. If we're sat in the main room, we're a hell of a lot more approachable. Anyway, didn't we meet ez64 that way? If we sat in a clan box that year, he wouldn't be a member!

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Have a poll when all the information comes out, then see.

You mad VH? . .. . its pretty unlikely we will even get a clan box as other teams/groups will get there first....not bothered either way i43 will be epic

Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    You mad VH? . .. . its pretty unlikely we will even get a clan box as other teams/groups will get there first....not bothered either way i43 will be epic
    no u

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Hahaa nice one guys. At the end of the day, they're called clan boxes for a reason. The real community vibe is going on in the main hall. Who would really want to miss that?!
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Thread Information