Thread: The worst cover songs by professional musicians

The worst cover songs by professional musicians

Here are some of the worst cover songs I think there are at the moment. Feel free to post your own finds below. I imagine Radio 1's Live lounge might be a good place to look.

1. Amy Winehouse and Charlotte Church performing Beat it by Michael Jackson

Amy Winehouse is rather well regarded in circles for her musical talent and also by circles of hobos for her alcoholism. Here a drunken Winehouse sings a duet on the Charlotte Church show and my god does it look awkward. “And the words are very clear” sung by Charlotte is followed by slurred vocals from Winehouse, which is so unbelievably ironic that I had go and have a beer to calm down. Perhaps this video will push me into alcohol addiction. Props have to go to the guitarist who still does a sterling job and also to Charlotte for keeping her cool, though the attempt at trying to make the whole thing seem normal falls flat on its face. Remember kids, drinking is bad for you.

2. Robbie Williams performing Rollin’ by Limp Bizkit

Well… some people like Limp Bizkit and most people don’t, but Robbie Williams makes this song worse than it could ever be. Boy band member and mainstream pop artist covers a nu metal song… what could go right? Well he does add a random dragon on stage, awesome but like WTF? Also singing about L I M P Bizkit being right here is a down right lie. Why when covering a song about another band fucking stuff up does he not change the lyrics so they are about himself instead of the band who originally did it? The song then has very little meaning and It just sounds lazy, like the rest of his singing. The guitar backing in this song sounds poor at best. This is a failed attempt to seem edgy by a mainstream musician who normally doesn’t swear. It reeks of desperation. We should indeed back the fuck up as he fucks this track up.

3. Scooter covering Logical by Supertramp

“Right guys, let’s just autotune the shit out of this song, add some dance beats and ruin the mood of the song” “Yeah ok, let’s make some of the vocals sound like they’re coming from a concentration camp, because we are German after all” “Yeah sounds like a plan, job done” RIP Supertramp. Siberia is indeed the place to be as it’s far away from wherever Scooter is.

4. Glee cast covering Jump by Van Halen

There had to be a Glee cover somewhere didn’t there? While I quite like watching the show, this cover really pissed me off. Van Halen are arguably one of the most skilled bands in the world, and Glee turns Jump, an awesome song into a bed commercial. I’d like to see members of the Glee cast try and cover Eruption on the guitar, because their hands would bleed, like my eyes when I saw this monstrosity. It all sounds so girly blergh.

5. Katy Perry singing Friday made famous by Rebecca Black

This one is different. Perry is covering a song known to be bad and takes the piss out of it by singing it off key on purpose and without the autotune that made it so good. While a good pisstake it is a bad cover of a bad song.

Last edited by Hutch; 10th June 2011 at 03:15 PM.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

Re: The worst cover songs by professional musicians

This is me giving a fuck:

"If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

I quite like the logical song by scooter if I'm honest.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

"If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Sympathy for the devil is always pure awesome How did they manage to wreck it?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ez64 View Post
    Sympathy for the devil is always pure awesome How did they manage to wreck it?
    They just sucked all the emotion out of it with their cover.

My Battlelog

Face Palm @ katy perry

This is now a thread about sad cats: http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics..._cat-13555.jpg

This Tinie Tempah cover of Muse is so fucking awful it's actually offensive.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9eS6zIzuTY

Margh
    Last edited by Friend of Wander; 5th September 2011 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Double post

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

So bad it warranted a double post? :P

I actually feel sick.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

ATK Member
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: kiliv

i think this actually just made my ears bleed i think if i listened to the whole song i would have an aneurysm...
    marshy fails, that is all.

Thread Information