Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EA are chopping up BF3 into DLC exclusive to certain stores

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

EA are chopping up BF3 into DLC exclusive to certain stores

FUCK. EVERYTHING. ABOUT. THIS.

Pre-order the game from GAME or Gamestop and you'll get the Type 88 LMG, Karkand map, silencer and unique ammo which regular buyers won't get. The unique ammo is even described as being better than the regular ammo.

http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battle...pack-available

It's obviously down to EA and not DICE who made this decision, but I thought BF3 was going to be better than this. The worst thing is, I'm probably going to have to buy it because I want the exclusive stuff, which will make them do this shit even more in the future.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Re: EA are chopping up BF3 into DLC exclusive to certain stores

LoL, they did this for BC2, you get like extra stuff for pre-order, I think most people will pre-order anyway but this is pretty lame, but people who can't aim will still fail no matter how much better there bullets are XD
    Just annoying that you have to do this in order to get the Karkand map though, that seems pretty shit as they really big it up that they had remade the map....I can see more DLC being re-skinned pop BF2 maps :s and maybe weapons aswell

Indeed its really clever business, but id put the blame more on the retailers than i would EA.

Game and gamestop can now get the customers that would go to cheaper retailers and have the most to gain from it all.

Propping up a dead delivery method with a stick wont prevent the inevitable, looks like I wont be buying BF3 either

Any chance this will be like the "Deluxe" edition stuff from BC2? As in you get the deluxe edition and you get tracer dart etc from the start, other than that you have to unlock it?

They said ages ago that the Karkand DLC would be released separately a month later. I reckon the flechette ammo might be an early unlock or something. A bit of a dick move. But I guess I'll buy from Game.

Gamer IDs

Silver_Rook: question.... these pre order bonuses? are they available to everyone once they rank up? or are some TRUE exclusive?

Demize99: The Physical Warfare Pack is fully exclusive. There's no other way to get those 4 items.
    http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com....php?id=164936

Fully exclusive.

can get some good deals if you pre order anyway

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    can get some good deals if you pre order anyway
    I don't think you understand. This is a bonus exclusive to certain retailers, being GAME and Gamestation. Both have BF3 listed for £30. If you pre-order from ANYWHERE else you will not get these weapons or map EVER (if what they say is true).

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Oh no, a retailer made a deal with a publisher in order to try and increase profits. What a disaster. (/sarcasm)

Honestly don't see the big deal. If you want the content, buy from those outlets. If your not fussed, or think this is a dick move, don't buy from there and buy in other places and accept the lack of DLC. Not difficult to understand. If it costs the same at GAME as opposed to other places such as Play.com and Amazon, in what way does it actually effect you other than having to go into a town instead of having it shipped?

EDIT - You can actually order online and get the content, so I would be interested in seeing how it actually effects anything.

EDIT2 - The above posts are also a little misleading - that flacette ammo is only useable on the DAO-12 shotgun, not every weapon. The DAO-12 is also a day 1 unlock for pre-orders, but will be unlockable once others have ranked up.
    Last edited by Isphera; 12th June 2011 at 07:09 PM.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    Oh no, a retailer made a deal with a publisher in order to try and increase profits. What a disaster. (/sarcasm)

Honestly don't see the big deal. If you want the content, buy from those outlets. If your not fussed, or think this is a dick move, don't buy from there and buy in other places and accept the lack of DLC. Not difficult to understand. If it costs the same at GAME as opposed to other places such as Play.com and Amazon, in what way does it actually effect you other than having to go into a town instead of having it shipped?

EDIT - You can actually order online and get the content, so I would be interested in seeing how it actually effects anything.

EDIT2 - The above posts are also a little misleading -that flacette ammo is only useable on the DAO-12 shotgun, not every weapon. The DAO-12 is also a day 1 unlock for pre-orders, but will be unlockable once others have ranked up.
    It costs £30 at those retailers, other places have it for less than £25. You are paying for more maps/weapons.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

My bad on the difference. Even so, £5 is a reasonable price for those maps though - damn sight cheaper than most DLC packs for similar amounts of content. Still honestly don't see a problem.
    Last edited by Isphera; 12th June 2011 at 07:14 PM.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

Quote Originally Posted by Calneon View Post
    It costs £30 at those retailers, other places have it for less than £25. You are paying for more maps/weapons.
    What the fuck's the problem then £30 is still a decent price for a brand new game.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Calneon you are beginning to sound like a vegetarian. The shotgun ammo probs won't make a huge difference, loads of companies have exclusive maps for preorders, and you have a choice of who to buy from, Game or Gamestation if you want the extra stuff, or elsewhere if you don't.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Whilst I agree this is a bad move and don't agree with the way it's been executed, I agree with oric and chazlene that it isn't that bigger deal.

The shotgun I doubt very much will be well used or OP, even with the lolammo.

As chazlene said £30 isnt a particularly high price for a band new game of this caliber.

The main problem I see with this is giving people who pay better ammo for a gun, but so long as its just the generic shotgun which will rape at close range and be useless at long range, and wont get widely used, then i dont see a big issue with that.

I may pre order it BUT ONLY if i can use the key with steam, if not then i'll be ordering it off steam solely for the convenience

Thread Information