Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What phone to get next?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: gkgary

What phone to get next?

So, I'm due a phone upgrade in about a month. I want a different one, 'cos I'm fed up of this POS not sending text messages when I have full signal and generally dying on me every so often.

Currently have the HTC Hero. Don't know what to get next. Not the iPhone, that's for sure!

I don't know what to get. I'm considering the Galaxy SII or the Motorola Atrix at the moment.

Any other suggestions or general comments? Reviews/experiences would also help. Cheers guys! =]

Re: What phone to get next?

iPhone.

/troll
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Just a thought, why not the iPhone?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    iPhone.

/troll
    Die.

Quote Originally Posted by katakuna View Post
    Just a thought, why not the iPhone?
    I don't like the iPhones. I think they're over-rated. Yes, they do have (possibly) the best touch screens on the market at the moment, and the biggest availability of apps, but I'd still prefer another phone.

Too many people have iPhones and they all look the same, which I don't like.

I guess I generally just don't like them... :S

That's fair enough, I mean I have an iPhone and I love it (great for trolling mumble when Latitude uploads my coords and makes my mic go blitz), but I think if you're not gonna go for an iPhone (which is fair enough); the Galaxy S II, (or 1) is a good phone, Ki has one so you could ask him about it if you want more info.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

This

Gamer IDs

Thing with the iPhones is, I don't want to be exactly like everyone else, lol! Everyone has iPhones now!

That's not the only reason I don't want an iPhone. I just think there are better phones out there. Also, what Apple does with accessories pisses me off to no end. Example with the iPhone 4 and the signal cutting out. Buy this case! it'll fix the problem (whilst adding to the cost of owning an iPhone!)
    Last edited by Paper Tiger; 24th June 2011 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    This
    Lost mine one was epic

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

If I was to get a new phone, it definitely wouldn't be an iPhone, probably an Android or Windows mobile. I have absolutely no knowledge of what's good and what isn't though, I still have a basic phone that, you know, lets you call and text people. I know Android is a lot more open and you can install apps from anywhere on it, which it why I think I'd prefer it.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Piers dell streak is pure awesome, had to buy one after that lan 5" screen is cool

Get an SGS2. /thread :P.

If we meet up at some point soon you can try mine out, only criticism I have is its very light, but put a basic case on it and it feels a little more substantial and pretty much perfect imo.

Samsung Galaxy S 2 tbh, best phone out atm...otherwise get the latest htc if you really dont want an iphone

Gamer IDs

Looks like it's the Samsung Galaxy SII or the Motorola Atrix. Just watching and reading some reviews on each. I like some of the features and extras the Atrix has... But need to do more research into it before making a final choice.

Cheers, VoX. May take you up on that one at some point. Apart from the weight, had any issues with it at all, or anything you particularly liked?
    Last edited by Paper Tiger; 25th June 2011 at 01:39 AM.

ATK Member
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: kiliv

i must agree with vox, the galaxy s2 is awesome, i looked into the new htc before getting it, and according to all the review sites each have their own merits and its down to personal taste.
    marshy fails, that is all.

Never experienced it so can't give an outright comment (Piers may be able to help here) but from what I've read, Motoblur is pretty pants, so most people end up other launchers on any Moto phones (like LauncherPro, ADW etc) but I have to say I'm quite liking TouchWiz atm, yeah it's a little iPhone-esque, but in a pretty good way and matches the setup I used to have on ADW.Ex. Although if you plan on using other launchers anyway that whole point is moot.

Weight isn't much of an issue, just a personal little niggle. Went to London last weekend and forgot it was even in my pocket, good but worrying at times lol. With a case now that 'issue' is gone. The only other 'issue' I've had is it refused to connect to a mates Mac for file transfers last night, but there is apparently a Kies (the transfer software on the phone) update coming soon if that's an issue, but there's always Dropbox or Kies Air anyway. Windows is flawless for file transfer.

Other than that, no problems. Battery life in the beginning is a little poor I'll be honest, but after a few cycles, and once you start playing with it less and less, the life gets a lot better. Even so in the beginning was getting a day out of it easy, just keep a little eye on it with something like BattStatt if you're messing about with it a lot. Camera on it is very good too.

Both me and a mate at school have one and we're yet to find a way to slow them down, Quadrant scores are stupid high even on the stock ROM (am yet to go custom, haven't felt the need).

Oh, stock Samsung keyboard is poor tbh, but it comes with Swype installed which is awesome, but Swiftkey X Beta is worth a go from the market too.

Thread Information