Thread: 2011 ATK Summer Events Calendar!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

2011 ATK Summer Events Calendar!

It’ that time of year again where the sun is out, the birds are singing, music festivals are in full swing and most of us are inside having all the fun!

So, last year, I organised an events calendar and, for the most part, I thought it went quite well. Because of that, I will once again be running this for this year. However, in order to make it a bigger success than last year, I will need your help. I need your suggestions on what games and in what form to play? We obviously have the Gaming Nights, but what about custom LoL games, tournaments etc. (keep your eyes peeled for the first announcement later today). What about EVE Online ops, a revival of our WoW 1-80 Horde Character plan – no idea is a bad one (well, that’s not strictly true, but you know what I mean).

So post below with your suggestions and we can see what happens.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Re: 2011 ATK Summer Events Calendar!

I'm officially through with HoN so I'm up for any LoL events you have, probably be looking for some casual games in the evenings too. SC2 tournament is a fantastic idea. Now WoW is F2P to lvl 20 maybe we could have a 'race to 20' type event, where the fastest (/played) to level 20 would win (not the fastest in real time because some people have jobs). I think we should take a look at some good LAN games, to play at i43, games like Quake, GTA, Worms Armageddon, Serious Sam are all games which can be transferred around to people easily and played over LAN.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

LoL would be more of a gaming night event rather than a tournament - might try something next week.

Difficulty with the WoW suggestion is that some people will just use heirlooms from main accounts to glitch the time. Sure, it's an idea if people are interested, but that and the distinct lack of interest in our current leveling project might hinder that one.

LAN games are (naturally) good to look at for i43, but without Hamachi or easy MP, might be difficult outside.

Slightly off-topic, Why are you through with HoN?

And On-Topic: Events sound good, I'm up for running some events if wanted, and Quake would be so much fun to play (3, that is) against people I know
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    Slightly off-topic, Why are you through with HoN?
    I get too frustrated after losing a few games. I'd still play it with other people but on my own I get really angry when I play bad, or somebody on the team is awful or starts raging. It's just not worth if playing a game makes me feel so shit.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Quote Originally Posted by Calneon View Post
    I get too frustrated after losing a few games. I'd still play it with other people but on my own I get really angry when I play bad, or somebody on the team is awful or starts raging. It's just not worth if playing a game makes me feel so shit.
    Ah yes, I get the same with LoL tbh, I think it's the reliance on teamwork :3
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    Ah yes, I get the same with LoL tbh, I think it's the reliance on teamwork :3
    Yeah but in LoL other people actually play it so you can play with friends

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

Oh I was really disappointed when I read this thread, thought it was gonna be about other meetups besides i43
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

ATK Member
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: kiliv

Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    LoL would be more of a gaming night event rather than a tournament - might try something next week.

Difficulty with the WoW suggestion is that some people will just use heirlooms from main accounts to glitch the time. Sure, it's an idea if people are interested, but that and the distinct lack of interest in our current leveling project might hinder that one.

LAN games are (naturally) good to look at for i43, but without Hamachi or easy MP, might be difficult outside.
    not to mention the fact you can get to 20 in about 2hours if you tried
    marshy fails, that is all.

Thread Information