Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 1st ATK Starcraft 2 Tournament

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Re: The 1st ATK Starcraft 2 Tournament

?
    Last edited by Isphera; 26th July 2011 at 09:53 PM.

i am so confused... i thought shit was going down THIS weekend? games have started and stuff, the calendar is gone. ill be on mumble at some point cause i don't know shit atm hahaa
    i am vindictive, faggits!

Guys can we continue playing games? I've only got 3 games logged, all 3 of which involve Marshy, which looks like noone else is interested.

I'm removing the different tables of players, so it's now a free-for-all style tournament, this should increase the number of games played, and final placement will be judged by number of points after all games have been completed.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Well, looks like these fell by the way side when I took my 'break' from the tournaments and events. No matter, let's get this going again.

Remember, the format is;

You play each person from your group once in a match consisting of three games.

Those three games are to take place on maps in the map pool (below).

Before a match, each players bans one map, and the games are played on the maps remains.

The three games are played regardless of wins in the first two.

After the match, the result is reported to this thread or as a PM to myself.

One point is awarded for a game win.

In the event of a tiebreak on points, match wins will be used. If this is the same, then whoever won the matchup between the two during the stage will rank above.

There is strictly no spectating in any game for the tournament.

Replays can be uploaded here, but are not required.

In the event of a results dispute, replays will be demanded.

The top two from each group will advance to the winners KO bracket. It will be seeded 1 to 4 based on points total. Seed 1 will play Seed 4, and Seed 2 will play Seed 3. The winners of each match will play in the final. The losers will play in the 3rd Place match.

Everyone else will advance to the losers KO bracket. To eliminate the 5 down to four, the last placed players in each group will play a 3-map match in order to determine who will take the fourth seed in the bracket. Aside from this, seeds 1 to 3 will be based on points total. Seed 1 will play Seed 4, and Seed 2 will play Seed 3. The winners will play in the losers bracket final. The losers will play the wooden spoon match.

Map Pool
    Xel'Naga Caverns
    Tal'Darim Altar LE
    Shattered Temple
    Metalopolis (Best map EU)
    Crossfire
    Last edited by Isphera; 8th August 2011 at 03:19 PM.

I assume in which case oric you're back?

If so Marshy you have those 3 points back
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Yes and yes. The reason for the dispute over those points was not completly iterated beforehand and was not fully developed on here, regardless of the stage of discussions with people on Mumble, so I decided to award those points as won. Hopefully, the publication of the rules above will now clarify what is allowed for future matches.

As always, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I meant the points I removed from Marshy due to you dropping out, I had to take away the win points from him in that match (as they were points unobtainable, or not obtainable by anyone else).

But yes, well, I don't exactly need to e-mail you anything up to date as noone bothered to play any more games after this point.

Are you re-instating the groups system now? From your post I assume this is what you are planning on doing

Gamer IDs

Fair enough. And yes, I will be doing so. If it gets to the point where people aren't playing, I'll start DQing and flipping coins for outcomes.

Gamer IDs

Intended to play the series vs. Vicious yesterday, but the first match was an intense 51-minute behemoth, so we will carry on today. The replay would be well worth watching:

http://www.atkcommunity.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=72

Aye, a long match that I got quite annoyed about losing at the end :P

Looking forward to the next 2 games

Gamer IDs

These matches are those which need to be completed for the first stage to be complete - please do this as soon as possible.

No code has to be inserted here.
    Last edited by Isphera; 8th August 2011 at 03:12 PM.

Continuing the tradition, for those interested:

http://www.atkcommunity.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=73

Vicious vs Oricalcos Games 2 and 3.

Game 1 has already been uploaded by Oric

Gamer IDs

I'm still waiting for the group two games, essentially being all of the group requiring to play Freddie, as well as Set - Joe. I know some are away, and some dispensation will be given, but I am now setting a firm deadline of Saturday 27th to get those matches done. If they are not done so, then I will either DQ the people not playing games and/or random number generate the result of games.

Once these matches are played, please report them to me ASAP.

Finals will most probably be held at i43.

Probably.

Gamer IDs

Precisely .

Final matches and semi-finals before hand, and then we do finals on the Saturday/Sunday. Losers bracket first, then 3rd/4th, and then the big showdown.

Thread Information