Thread: TF2 Community Chest

TF2 Community Chest

So I just came up with an idea (with some help from Target).

A lot of us have got back into TF2, and there are obviously items that some of us want, but don't have.

This is where the community chest comes into play.

We scrap-metal any stuff we don't want and 'submit' it to the 'chest', basically post in this thread that you have some metal etc. that you're willing to donate, then you hang onto this metal until someone requests an item that we can afford to make.

The weapon will be on a rent basis, and people who have donated more get priority of the item.

For example, Target wants the Sydney sleeper, so we chip in, make it, and trade it to target, however, if... XXCaptBluntingtonXX - Long standing member of ATK has donated 300 scrap metal to the scheme compared to Target's 15 then Target should let Bluntington use the sniper for a while.

Obviously we only let people we trust into the scheme, and there would be an official thread to use rather than just hearsay (so anything not in the thread isn't official, to avoid confusion/mega-rage). All donations of Items/Metal and trades would be recorded in the thread before they take place.

What do you think?
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Re: TF2 Community Chest

Why smelt the weapons into scrap? Surely just put any dupes into the chest and people can take them if they want them. If you were to craft a Sydney Sleeper, it would take 7 weapons which other people might want.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Well there is that, too.

I have about 7 Direct hits, though, which I don't see any point in keeping and will happily give one away if anyone needs it.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

yeh but we want to craft the lol awesome weapons....smelting a backburner that people have 700 spare is worth it...anyway I'm in I already have some metal and will get some items to craft XD

I have some metal, not scrap, one of the middle and one of the top, 'cause I got bored and decided to smelt everything I had spare :3

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Well this is my backpack, if anyone wants a dupe from there they're welcome to take it. I'm looking for any of the new weapons in return.

http://tf2b.com/76561197977918917

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Will look through my bags and see what comes up, gonna try get full set of medic weapons.

Thread Information