Thread: SC2 Terran.

SC2 Terran.

I have been moaning a lot lately about how Terran have it easy / are easy to play, so instead of keep moaning I thought I'd just put it to the test and see if they really ARE easy or not.

Needless to say, http://www.mediafire.com/?b3vvrmj879q4f3z, That is the replay of how my game went, I had never played as them in a ladder match before, had no idea what any hotkeys were, and played pretty badly, also it was against another terran, so a pretty fair judge as to how easy they are to play, enjoy...

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Re: SC2 Terran.

I find it cute that anyone under Masters level can argue whether a race is overpowered or not.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Well Calneon, if you'd have read my post correctly, you'd see absolutely nothing is mentions about them being overpowered, just that they are easy to play, which is true.

And before your ego gets any bigger, last I time checked, you weren't masters league anyway?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Terran have it easy
    ^^

Also, I'm not masters, that's why I don't complain about balance :P.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Yeah but they do have it easy, I'm not saying it's just overpowered, just that I think it's unfair that they can be as good as someone who's played zerg/protoss for a while with minimal effort because they have lots of effective, easy to use strategies

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

At lower levels, yes. But as a whole, Terran is lot easier to learn than Protoss or Zerg, because of so very few variables and the common core of M+M in a majority of builds, but just as difficut to master at the high leagues.

If you look at the south Korean grandmasters it's dominated by Terran in Win/Loss statistics, and blizzard themselves recognise this, however this is probably due to the popularity of rush tactics in Korea, which Terran is the most versatile at of the 3 races.
    And oric, you just supported what Joe has said, Terran is easy to learn, giving people who play Terran off the bat an advantage over people who choose another race.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    And oric, you just supported what Joe has said, Terran is easy to learn, giving people who play Terran off the bat an advantage over people who choose another race.
    Fair enough, but like I say, this only really applies when your in Bronze and possibly Silver. As you move up the (non-korean) ranks, because the others are more difficult to learn, once you reach gold or so, you'll be more skilled and tactically knowledgeable relative to a terran player (terran can reach gold with cheese, zerg and esp. protoss really need to play proper games to do so) and will likely have better skills over them. Look at the big big world tournaments - I thought it was protoss and zerg that won a majority?

In all fairness, I'm still technically forever Bronze Terran, so I really shouldn't be having any input in this conversation
    Last edited by Isphera; 5th August 2011 at 11:32 AM.

Thread Information