Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Helix Team Fortress 2

Re: Helix Team Fortress 2

Well, I have a rudimentary 6, however ofc I'd like more applicants, just for moar choice and a bigger selection.

A note about team organisation:

We'll start by going cookie-cutter, meaning 2Scout, 2Soldier, 1Demo, 1Medic.

There are actually 2 callers on this team setup, as the scouts will almost never be around the main team, and will work in a buddy-system, with one giving instructions to the second.

Then the main team caller will give instructions to the main team.

One of the callers is normally the team leader, who gives the big orders to all players on the team.
    I'm thinking about using whispers on mumble as communication is one of the most important aspects of Team play.

First Training Session: Thursday 1st September, 7:30pm?

I'll check with people on steam, if I don't get responses I'll assume you're too busy.

The training session won't be super formal, just to work out the team and learning a couple of the custom maps which I doubt many of you have played (I know I haven't).
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

The main team caller is normally the medic, because they know how far they are from uber and should be the most aware of their surroundings. The whole team hinges around the medic so it makes sense to have them calling the shots. The two scouts should be working together as you said to scout out the opposing team, and report as much information back to the rest of the team as possible, and attempt to get any pickoffs they can. A scout for medic/demo is a very worthy trade.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    Well, I have a rudimentary 6, however ofc I'd like more applicants, just for moar choice and a bigger selection.

A note about team organisation:

We'll start by going cookie-cutter, meaning 2Scout, 2Soldier, 1Demo, 1Medic.

There are actually 2 callers on this team setup, as the scouts will almost never be around the main team, and will work in a buddy-system, with one giving instructions to the second.

Then the main team caller will give instructions to the main team.

One of the callers is normally the team leader, who gives the big orders to all players on the team.
    I'm thinking about using whispers on mumble as communication is one of the most important aspects of Team play.

First Training Session: Thursday 1st September, 7:30pm?

I'll check with people on steam, if I don't get responses I'll assume you're too busy.

The training session won't be super formal, just to work out the team and learning a couple of the custom maps which I doubt many of you have played (I know I haven't).
    I will almost certainly not be available tomorrow, dads picking up the new car and i get to play with it and see rami. Usually thursdays would be fine tho.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: gkgary

Usually Thursdays would be find for myself too, BUT tomorrow happens to be my brothers 17th and we're having a BBQ, so I don't think I'll quite get away with playing TF2. If I get any time to pop on, I shall, even if it's just for a short space of time, I will. But I will make the most effort to attend the next one though!

ATK Member

Hey long time no speak I suppose. I'm definitely interested in this team and would love to be a member.

Name: Kacere
    1. Scout
    2. Medic
    3. Heavy/spy

Hours played-901

Best times for training-Weekends or evenings (as long as its a set time and is regular i should be able to make it.

Sick Kacere, thanks for applying.

- As a note, I've spoken to DarkPidgeon, who has shown interest, this means we have more than enough people to start an efficient team, although more are welcome
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Name: Joe (forgot my ingame name )

Time played (in total hours): no idea but i'm #1 EU
    Best 3 Classes:
    Sniper
    Medic
    Engineer

Best time for training:

Evenings

OK Guys, if all of you could sign up for an account at ETF2L it would be appreciated, because if we're going to sign up for this season then I'll need everyone on the roster.

Gamer IDs

What exactly are we registering for? Because there looks like there could be more than one link... Admin/player? :S

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

On the subject of rosters, when it's all decided VH, could I have a full team roster please

Name: Marshy
    Total hours played: approx 300+ on 2 accounts
    Best 3 classes:
    Demo
    Spy
    Soldier

Best time to train:
    Any evening

Sure thing Oric.

As an update (and a double-post) I don't need you guys to register, I only need a your E-mail addresses which I will then register on the site with and automatically add you to the roster, so if you can PM me your e-mail addresses AND your Steam I X:X:XXXXXXXX this would be de-light-ful.
    Last edited by Vicious Horizon; 1st September 2011 at 12:28 PM.

Triple Bump as noone looked at the previous post:

Here are the people who have shown interest in joining the team:

Vicious Horizon
    Hutch
    Target
    Mitch
    Katakuna
    Paper Tiger
    Havok
    Kacere
    DarkPidgeon
    Joe
    Marshy

And here are the people who have messaged me their e-mail and Steam ID :

DarkPidgeon
    Kacere
    Katakuna
    Paper Tiger
    Target
    Vicious Horizon

This leaves a large number of you who haven't given me the info, if you want to be in the team I need this information or I won't be able to add you to the roster, this goes for

Hutch
    Mitch
    Havok
    Joe
    Marshy

Thanks, and instructions below.
    To find your Steam ID, load up any Source game (CSS, GMod, TF2, DoD :S) and join an internet server. Then, once you've connected, open console and type 'status', your STEAM_X:X:XXXXXXX number will then appear in the console, copy and paste this and I will be able to add you to the team!
    Last edited by Vicious Horizon; 5th September 2011 at 01:44 PM.

Gamer IDs

When is next training/gaming together taking place?

Thread Information