Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

ATK Member

Battlefield 3

Well i at least hope all you guys got on BF3 on the 25th. Its as simple as validating over a US VPN service. I know i did. You do not need a VPN to run it, just to validate. Anyways, i need more people to play BF3 with. The majority of the people i work with and friends i have close to me, play on console. So feel free to add Ohgr33 to your friends list in BF3. Im not the best player in the world but i generally hold my own quite well. Sometimes i blow peoples minds and rape everybody.

Only the dead have seen the end of war.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Re: Battlefield 3

Added you (as Ph4ntom4, need to change that). Pleased that my GTX560Ti can run it on all Ultra except deferred AA (shader AA removes most jaggies anyway).

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

I love this game . Shame I literally have the minimum spec gfx card for it though (Nvidia 8800GTS 512MB) - only really runs smoothly with everything either off or low. Kinda takes away from the fact that the game is meant to look epic.

Either way, how are you lot finding the gameplay? I'm happy they kept a lot of the original BF2 gameplay elements, and was so happy to find myself on an aircraft carrier again . Also really liking the new spawning system, so you spawn directly into vehicles rather than jumping around waiting for a jet.

Would also be interested to hear what graphics cards you lot are rocking and how they perform, so I know what to go and buy. Not entirely sure my 650W PSU could cope with something more powerful though, or have the cards got a whole lot more efficient these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

I love this game . Shame I literally have the minimum spec gfx card for it though (Nvidia 8800GTS 512MB) - only really runs smoothly with everything either off or low. Kinda takes away from the fact that the game is meant to look epic.

Either way, how are you lot finding the gameplay? I'm happy they kept a lot of the original BF2 gameplay elements, and was so happy to find myself on an aircraft carrier again . Also really liking the new spawning system, so you spawn directly into vehicles rather than jumping around waiting for a jet.

Would also be interested to hear what graphics cards you lot are rocking and how they perform, so I know what to go and buy. Not entirely sure my 650W PSU could cope with something more powerful though, or have the cards got a whole lot more efficient these days?

ATK Member

honestly, i have a GTX 560ti that came overclocked and my 650W power supply handles it just fine. I have absolutely no complaints about BF3. I think its balanced well, minimal lag, no glitches, (that i have encountered anyways), the graphics and sounds are amazing. Ive been playing the hell out of it. I got like 20 hours of gameplay in at lvl 20.

Gamer IDs

Surprised your card even runs it smoothly Chalex, my GTX280 struggled with everything on low, got around ~40 FPS. My new GTX560Ti can run almost everything ultra at 50-60 FPS.

Your PSU will be fine, I have a 520W one and it copes fine with my overclocked i7 and overclocked 560Ti. Cards are no more power hungry than they were a few years ago, if anything they are more efficient.

Only negative thing I have to say about BF3 is the rubber banding I get on 64 player servers (the only servers I play on). If you don't know what that means, it's when you're moving and suddenly get pulled back to where you were half a second ago, because the server dropped packets or something. Seems to be because server providers are underestimating the amount of bandwidth the game needs.

There are a few maps which are not so good (the bridge one and Metro, though you can still get a lot of points there by reviving everyone on the chokes), but the rural maps are awesome. I don't seem to be having as much trouble with air as I remember I had in BF2, I've never been killed by a jet as infantry, and choppers only a few times. I've never tried flying either, usually leave that to people who know what they're doing, I prefer going as infantry, flanking behind enemy points and being a stealthy mofo.

Singleplayer is pretty dreadful. It looks great of-course but it's full of quick time events and waiting for people to open doors for you. I might come to finish it at some point but most likely it will end up like the BC2 campaign, playing the first mission then never playing it again.
    Last edited by Calneon; 31st October 2011 at 03:20 PM.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

My copy got delivered today, will be able to play at the weekend when I go home and bring my PC back with me, yeah I know I'm that sad. After that I won't be able to play until the 11th, when I get Internet in my house.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

Thanks for the advice guys! I get slight rubber banding on 64 players too, but I'm sure they'll sort that out for everyone soon enough.

My card handles the game quite well, surprising as you say . Not really any slowdowns either, but the GTX560Ti sounds like a pretty good investment. Just trying to decide whether the GTX570 is worth the extra money, as I don't want something that's about to go out of date really.

Also, join the ATK platoon here! http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...5241045095206/. Here's something extra to LOL at:

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys! I get slight rubber banding on 64 players too, but I'm sure they'll sort that out for everyone soon enough.

My card handles the game quite well, surprising as you say . Not really any slowdowns either, but the GTX560Ti sounds like a pretty good investment. Just trying to decide whether the GTX570 is worth the extra money, as I don't want something that's about to go out of date really.

Also, join the ATK platoon here! http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...5241045095206/. Here's something extra to LOL at:

Hahaha "This game's like a 1000 piece puzzle but every piece is MY DICK IN YOUR BALLS."

And it would be good Chalex to actually accept us into the platoon if you're going to advertise it
    Last edited by Chazlene; 6th November 2011 at 01:23 PM.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Chalex I have the 570, and I *think* Calneon has the 560Ti, once I get Battlefield 3 (soon!) I'm sure we can compare the cards so you can make up your mind :P
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

i got 570 gainward
    i am vindictive, faggits!

Gamer IDs

Nice! Can you run everything on ultra at 1920x1200 and high AA with no slowdowns?

Gamer IDs

There are two types of AA, the first one which I can't remember the name of, causes a massive performance hit, even on 2xAA, so I keep it off. Thankfully, post-AA removes the vast majority of jaggies and doesn't cost much in terms of performance. I run everything else on ultra apart from textures because I get some stuttering with ultra textures (probably because my card only has 1GB of memory). Average FPS is about 55, can go down to 45 in large outdoor areas but is always over 60 in the smaller maps and inside. GTX560Ti OCed to 980Mhz.

ATK Member

Ok, so i posted a vid link for you guys and it turns out its blocked in most countries because the music i used is owned by WMG. I guess im done being lazy and using other peoples music. Im going to create all my own. I already have quite a few packs of sound fx and music loops, samples...ect. I also just got a BADASS kit designed by the drummer from Nine Inch Nails. Im really excited to use it, its got the same dirty gritty sound to it as the intros and outros of the official BF3 videos. Shits gonna be sick. Its royalty free so i can mix my own badass shit and not worry about copyright infrigement.

Also, I dont really see many of you guys online playing, and i play quite a bit. Id like to get together and chill with any and everyone. Im always looking for good players with cheeky banter to be guests in youtube videos. I am currently trying to become more active on Youtube, get my name out there and even recruit for the ATK community. Id like to do a promo vid for ATK, if any of the leadership wants to help me out or get in on it... let me know. Hope to play with you guys soon!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Quote Originally Posted by Ohgr33 View Post
    Also, I dont really see many of you guys online playing...
    We're all usually on TeamSpeak so come on and chat to us

Thread Information