Thread: Evil Geniuses announcing new player

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Evil Geniuses announcing new player

EG have just posted up a tweet saying that they will be annoucing a new player of their SC2 team on Dec. 30, under the clue of "he isn't from around here".

The main rumours are for teamless Koreans, with the most credible being JYP (who has a big history with PuMa and IdrA), Moon and Killer. Rumours are that they want a skilled, older and more acomplished player to blend with their top younger players in Korea (PuMa, IdrA and HuK) to help them progress. There is a somewhat plausable case for it to be White-Ra, but I don't think he has ambitions in Korea, so it will likely not be him.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Isphera; 26th December 2011 at 12:07 AM.

Re: Evil Geniuses announcing new player

no there's not white ra owns a team

Gamer IDs

Like I say, it was an unlikely rumour, but more likely for your reasons than mine.

Looking at their roster, and being really critical, they have two terrans (PuMa and DeMusliM once he gets back in form and over to Korea), one protoss (HuK) and one zerg (IdrA) that have the legitimate talent to actually challenge for titles consistantly. Assuming that they go for someone of that calbire (and at this state, why wouldn't they), you have to assume it's going to be a P or a Z.
    Last edited by Isphera; 26th December 2011 at 12:04 AM.

Gamer IDs

As announced a couple minutes ago, the new EG player is Park Jin Young, aka JYP, a Protoss player who has been teammates with EG's Puma before. He is a beast when it comes to PvP and PvZ and practicing against PumA and DeMuslim will surely boost his PvT as well. Taken from EG's website:

"I'm really happy to be joining EG, whom I consider the number one foreign team. I would like to use this great opportunity to show good results and I hope both the Korean fans and foreign fans would cheer me on," Park remarked.

"We're happy to be able to offer Park the opprotunity to not only compete alongside his longtime practice partner and friend PuMa, but also to travel and showcase his talent around the globe," said Alex Garfield, CEO of Evil Geniuses.
    I really look forward to what JYP and my favourite e-sports team can do going into the new year! As someone on Team Liquid put it:

So let's see... in a Korean style all-kill format...

HuK
    DeMusliM
    IdrA
    JYP
    PuMa...

You scared? I am.
    Thoughts?
    Last edited by Isphera; 30th December 2011 at 10:19 PM.

Thread Information