Thread: SC2 Bo3 ATK Showmatch - Isphera (T) vs. HaiiTomm (P)

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

SC2 Bo3 ATK Showmatch - Isphera (T) vs. HaiiTomm (P)

Note - I say it at the bottom, but I'll say it here in case you don't get to the end - this isn't the most well written thing in the entire world, and given that it's past 1am, I can't imagine the grammar and such is that great. I will come back and edit it at some point, but I just wanted to put it up so people can have a look at the replays and give their first thoughts of the content - Isphera (13/1 @ 0117)

Introduction

So last night, myself and HaiiTomm decided that we'd play a match since we hadn't played each other in a while. After the first game, we decided to make it a Bo3 series and play for pride and a little bit of fun, which is exactly what we had – regardless of the skill level of either of us (i.e. bronze :P), it was easily the three most fun games of straight-up SC2 I have ever played.

OK, bronze league play is never how you want to show off the communities talent, but even for that level, I think these are three real fun games to watch, especially the first one which, although not error proof, did provide a lot of fun for both Tom and myself.

I will put a little match snippet in spoilers as the TL;DW (didn't watch), but I would implore you to have a quick look through and both enjoy watching them, possibly commentate on them (ATK Media Team...) and offer any constructive comments to either player. My hope is that we get regular Bo3 (or more) show matches in the future and can provide a good network around which to improve.

Player Profiles

Isphera - Bronze League Terran, Currently Rank 27 w/ 361 points from 17 Wins (88 Career Wins)
    HaiiTomm - Bronze League Protoss, Currently Rank 41 w/ 105 points from 5 Wins (12 Career Wins)

On paper, it would seem that (not trying to be self-promoting here) I would have an advantage simply on game experience, but I would like to recall the memory of Tom's first 1v1, where he preceeded to beat me quite convincingly having only had the game three days. Since then, I have practiced much more on my fundemental techniques, including a lesson with coach/caster d.Apollo, and forsaken the path of cheese. Tom meanwhile has combined practicing on ladder and vs. AI with running through the single player campaign as well as keeping up with his go-to resources to learn more about the game.

Match Reports

So without further ado, into G1!

Game 1: REPLAY

Spoiler Spoiler:

Game 2: REPLAY

Spoiler Spoiler:

Game 3: REPLAY

Spoiler Spoiler:

In Review

TO DO - Something each player did well and the main areas for each to improve upon.

Conclusion

Hopefully the write-up is of some interest to some and accompanies the game well (given my limited knowledge of the game and that I wrote most of this at 1am, it's probably not the most accurate or most flowing peace of writing that I have done, but I hope that this can set a benchmark for ATK showmatches and reports in the future.
    Last edited by Isphera; 13th January 2012 at 02:36 AM.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Re: SC2 Bo3 ATK Showmatch - Isphera (T) vs. HaiiTomm (P)

Aww, I thought this was announcing an upcoming showmatch I could have spectated. Watching something live is much more enjoyable than watching a replay for me.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Re: SC2 Bo3 ATK Showmatch - Isphera (T) vs. HaiiTomm (P)

Agreed, but I'd rather have replays and a report than nothing at all . Hopefully in the future, we can do one or two of these a week and have them scheduled in for people to watch in game or on stream with a commentator (again, ATK Media Team...)
    Last edited by Isphera; 13th January 2012 at 02:34 AM.

Thread Information