Thread: uLAN 1 :: 24th to 26th February :: Almondsbury, Bristol, SouthWest

uLAN 1 :: 24th to 26th February :: Almondsbury, Bristol, SouthWest

SouthWest LANs (some of you came to our event: LeachLAN 7) are proud to present our first LAN of 2012, and our first LAN at a new venue in the city of Bristol... μLAN 1!

Quick Info

Event Features
    50 BYOC spaces
    Dedicated consoling area
    On-Site Bar, details on opening times, prices and drinks menu to follow
    On site kitchen (microwave, oven, small fridge, running water, kettle)
    Male & Female toilets and showers
    Disabled access is available throughout the entire venue
    On-site camping
    Basic internet access (web browsing, chat clients, steam login), other needs met by central file server (patches, game updates)
    FREE Wireless access for all participants

μLAN 1 is the first LAN run by South West LANs to occur in the city of Bristol. The Almondsbury Sports & Social Club provides a hall which we aim to cram with friendly gamers for up to 58 hours of solid gaming and geekery.
    It'll cost you a meagre £25 if you book before the 24th of January and spaces are limited to 50 people, so we're hoping it'll be a very friendly atmosphere! Easily recognisable friendly staff will be on duty at all times to help out with anything from the occasional tech hiccup to finding people to play with.
    We aim to do our best to ensure that as well as a great time playing everything from old classics to the latest and greatest everyone leaves the event knowing more people than they did before and eager to come back for the next one!
    We will be bringing back our Sekrit Tourney! Llast time the challenge was to play crazy taxi with a fishing rod controller: much fun was had, although the controller didn't survive the night.

Because a full weekend does require sleep at some point we've arranged for some camping space on site (BYO tent!), but for those who would rather not there are a variety of hotels close by, and prices will start from around £25/person/night, or less if you can persuade them to let you cram more than 2 people into a room. For those who camp on site the sports club has also made available some of its showering facilities, which combined with the facilities in the hall itself should allow for your stay to be a bit more comfortable!

Getting the the venue is easy:
    • By car - it's very close to the M4/M5 junction.
    • By bus - the 309 runs from the Bristol bus station to just outside the venue.
    • By train - Bristol Parkway is only a short distance away and is Bristol's second major station. If you need a lift from the station try posting on our forums.

We also offer
    • Various snacks/food for sale at the event
    • Server co-location, £5 for the weekend.
    • A second wired connection (wireless available free), also £5 for the weekend.

Re: uLAN 1 :: 24th to 26th February :: Almondsbury, Bristol, SouthWest

I remember reading about this LAN and mentioning it to a couple of people, I'm definitely up for this
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Good to hear it. Did you come to LeachLAN 7?

Yeah I did indeed . Was a lot of fun, too
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Just as a heads up... last chance for discount today if any of you are interested in attending.

Just shouting that I'm fully up to going to this.

Will poke everyone on Teamspeak this evening

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    Just shouting that I'm fully up to going to this.

Will poke everyone on Teamspeak this evening
    If a lot of others want to go i might consider it but otherwise its along way to go and id rather save the money to buy my new car :P

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mitch View Post
    If a lot of others want to go i might consider it but otherwise its along way to go and id rather save the money to buy my new car :P
    It's in the most inaccessible part of Bristol if you haven't got a car, and the buses are very irregular/shit/expensive. Just in case anyone was thinking of going by public transport.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    It's in the most inaccessible part of Bristol if you haven't got a car, and the buses are very irregular/shit/expensive. Just in case anyone was thinking of going by public transport.
    You say that. It's pretty near Patchway Rail and not that far from Parkway (much bigger station). I can't say I've used the busses myself but people I know claim they're pretty decent.
    I'd recommend asking on our forums about lifts from stations before discounting the event soley for transport reasons.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Quote Originally Posted by IRConan View Post
    I'd recommend asking on our forums about lifts from stations before discounting the event soley for transport reasons.
    Seems legit and trustworthy....

Quote Originally Posted by Isphera View Post
    Seems legit and trustworthy....
    People do this all the time at multiplay forums.

In fact I'd trust the guys going to swlans more than the guys you find at multiplay :P

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    People do this
    all the time at multiplay forums.

In fact I'd trust the guys going to swlans more than the guys you find at multiplay :P
    THIS

Quote Originally Posted by IRConan View Post
    You say that. It's pretty near Patchway Rail and not that far from Parkway (much bigger station). I can't say I've used the busses myself but people I know claim they're pretty decent.
    Trains to patchway are like 1 per 2 hours, plus at least 1 change if going from the town centre. Buses are awful :P

Thread Information