Thread: Whats happened in the last week.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Whats happened in the last week.

Here is my first community update to let people know whats going on behind the scenes at ATK.

First off we have had a look into the costs of getting a dedicated server, and are seriously considering this at the moment. Before any changes are made the community will be consulted of course.

I have contacted INX about our existing servers to get an email address as their new site is a little broken, and the email they gave me was auto dropped as it wasn't sent from a registered address, so I'm contacting their customer services again to try to find out whats happened.

Joe has mentioned trying to start up a starcraft team, which has been endorsed by the ATK management.

With regards to team rewards, currently mostly applicable to the LoL team but hopefully the starcraft team to in the near future, right now we aren't in the position to decide, as if we do get a dedicated server to use for the community we will have an issue funding a significant prize fund right now. That said we will find some other way of rewarding players and do hope that we will soon be able to provide a serious incentive to play for ATK.

Right now on unicorn we (being katakuna and calneon) are working on perfecting the live streams box for release, along with the quick "post new thread button"
    It still needs work on grabbing current streams and we're adding tabs to make it fit the site design better.
    Here is a taster image of how it looks in its current form:

As you can see there is stuff going on behind the scenes are right now we are waiting on hearing back from INX before making any big decisions, as if we still have our game servers we can hold off on the dedicated server for now.

I'll bring a new update next week

In the meantime if people would like to upload more images for the header then we can add a bit more variation to the site

EDIT:

Already more updates - Passworded the LoL team Tactics forum so other teams cant pry.
    Had a couple of ideas regarding something to get people on the website and regards to rewarding teams.

Going to discuss this with chalex before I make a thread about how this should all work, but those of you that were on TS have a basic idea of whats happening
    Last edited by Colonel Mitch; 27th March 2012 at 07:25 PM.

Re: Whats happened in the last week.

Good guy mitch, actually does stuff as manager

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Nice post Mitch. That 'mock up' of coming features will be vastly improved before release, too .
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Looks good, need to make sure you ask people who watch the streams for a particular game, who are the people they would recommend.
    Do we need permission to link the streams / have them linked on the main site page?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    Looks good, need to make sure you ask people who watch the streams for a particular game, who are the people they would recommend.
    Do we need permission to link the streams / have them linked on the main site page?
    As we are just linking to them on their own web page they should be fine, however it may be worth contacting the hosts to let them know and make sure they're ok with it

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

Looking good Mitch, you're getting shit done
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Thread Information