http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...ing_and_doing/

I have a novel idea for self-improvement that I want you guys to try out. It works for me, and I suspect it'll work for a lot of you as well. It's really simple. The idea is, you already know the basic strategy behind the game. You'll improve much faster by working on your execution than you will by learning more strategy. Don't learn more... take what you already know and DO IT.

Forget the streams for a while. Forget the blogs. Stop worrying about matchup charts, jungler tier lists, and item breakdowns. Instead, here is a list of ten very basic, fundamental mistakes that all players make. In every game you play, give yourself a strike for every time you do something on the list. Work on lowering your strike count in every game, and when you can finish an entire ranked game with ten strikes or less, see how your Elo has changed.

But here's the kicker: You have to give yourself a strike every time you do this stuff, even if you don't die or fuck up as a result of it. These are mistakes, or things that indicate mistake you've made. Even if you didn't get punished this time, you might get punished next time.

Early Game:
You leave the fountain (after your first purchase) without a ward in your inventory. Yes, this means you. This one's first for a reason.
You push past the river while your lane is unwarded.
The enemy jungler appears in your lane, and you didn't know he was coming. Either he walked through a ward and you didn't look at the minimap, or you didn't have a ward in the right place and he took you by surprise. Doesn't apply to Shen/Pantheon ults. Nocturne and Fiddle ults count - ward better.
You fall more than 20cs behind your lane opponent. For supports and junglers, you fall more than one level behind your counterpart.
You choose to bluepill and you're <100 gold away from a major purchase. Doesn't apply if you get forced back to fountain.

Mid-game:
Dragon (or Baron) is down and you don't know when it's going to spawn.
You push to the enemy's second tower by yourself, without knowing for a FACT that all five enemy champions are elsewhere on the map, unable to gank you.
You focus the wrong target in a teamfight. Be honest with yourself.

Late game:
You farm minions in the bottom lane while Baron is up.
You "get caught." You know what this means.. you were out of position or something, and you got snagged with a CC and probably killed.

Try it. Count your strikes, see what you think. And if you disagree with the list because you think it's ok to overextend or it's someone else's job to ward... then ok, you DO need to spend more time learning about the game

might add some more below if I think of some good ones.

Jungler not pinging when ganking or something or not noticing your jungler coming to gank