Thread: What do you think of CS:GO?

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

What do you think of CS:GO?

So I managed to snap up a beta key on OcUK, but submitting a picture of their logo made out of coins on my carpet .

Have many of you had a chance to play it?

I have mixed feelings, as it doesn't really seem that they've made much effort to improve the game and keep it up with the times. Even with their improvements on graphics, it still doesn't match up to the likes of other FPS games out there. I also really hope they release some new maps, as that could redeem it in a sense. Right now all the game is doing is making me remember the "good old days" of CSS.

Having said that, I guess that was the opinion when all the CS players saw CSS for the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Re: What do you think of CS:GO?

I think it's awesome i only have about 2 days played of CS1.6 but apparently its like that a lot, so since the entirety of the world seems to think that 1.6 is the cod4 of the cod world, sounds like it's going to be awesome!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

I like it as a game, it's just I was hoping for more than just a remake of CSS I guess. When they add new maps I think i'll be more interested because I've played the current ones for hundreds of hours in CSS and they're getting boring. Also for the price you can't go too wrong.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Yeh its pretty good, a lot more 1.6 with much better graphics, like you really have to control recoil.

The sounds in the game are much better aswell, they need to nerf flash bangs though, they last forever.
    Last edited by Target; 7th June 2012 at 03:41 PM.

So pleased with how its come out, i agree new maps will bring a lot more to it, at least the price reflects that its a remake, but as far as remakes go i think this has reached its full potential and they've done a great job. I think the knew weapons and grenades will offer quite a difference to competitive especially with how they've altered some maps slightly to make them more playable in competitive eg. Dd1. Can't wait for full game to come out, definitely be a LAN favorite

For me we will get the same gameplay as we used to, but with a little more tweak on the latest modification. As for that, I never played CS since Condition Zero, that was like around high school and moved back to 1.6 occasionally. But I am glad that they push forward on this game for something positive.

Any CS:GO community here in ATK? for Casual gaming?

Most of us play cs:go, join the community steam page then you can join us when where playing or jump on teamspeak

Yeah we have a good 10 members or so actively playing.

I think a remake of CSS has too much to live up to and I havent enjoyed it as much.

The bullet damage and aiming seems a bit too console like for me as well and to add to the previous it's more a better cs 1.6 to me than a CSS replacement.

Thread Information