Thread: Content & Media team

Content & Media team

Calling all ATK members, exciting opportunities lie in wait. As many of you were aware, the idea of a content and media team has been in the pipeline for some time now. I have been approached and have been asked to assemble the team to create regular content for the site. This would ideally be split into three categories of reviews and articles; hardware and technology, esports and professional gaming news and gaming (either first hand or your forethoughts on later game releases).

Going into this, we would be basing the ATK site around the articles and reviews, so a commitment to keeping to deadlines and getting regular content is paramount in order for this to work. This would require new content daily, so we would ask for 3 or 4 smaller articles (2 or 3 paragraphs) from each section a week, as well as a larger article weekly. I would be keeping track of releasing all content, but to edit and keep track of around 15 a week is a big ask, so i wish to assign a head of each section who would look after editing the articles and then forward them to me. Needless to say if wish to take an editorial position you would need to be good with grammar, spelling and punctuation.

What I expect from our writers is a certain degree of proffesionalism but don't punch too much above your weight, keep it short and sweet as people will be much more likely to read them. Ideas will mainly come from you, although it would be great if you could talk between your own sections, and decide on what you wish to contribute weekly.

Chalex and the people who work behind the scenes on the website are going to try to get the website ready for Sunday the 19th August, and it would be fantastic if we have a number of articles ready to show to possible sponsors and the public at i46!

If you're interested, please let me know the position you would prefer:

Editor Hardware and Technology (news and reviews)
    Editor Esports and Professional Gaming (news)
    Editor Gaming (news and reviews)
    Editor Social (twitter and facebook)

Writer Hardware and Technology x3
    Writer Esports and Proffesional Gaming x3
    Writer Gaming x3

The social editor involves managing our ATK Twitter and Facebook accounts. This person must make sure that links are posted to all the latest articles (although this can be delegated to editors), and that we're engaging our fans/followers with interesting content. Basically, treat them like your own accounts, share interesting things and let people know what you think about all things gaming. We already have quite a few fans and followers, so you certainly have an audience!

If you're interested in anything above but can't commit your time weekly, we'd still love content from you, just give us a heads up of what you'd like to submit and if it's relevant we would love to take them onboard.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Re: Content & Media team

TL;DR

(i can edit and occasionally write hardware / tech stuff)

I'd volunteer for Esports writer or the esports editor whatever that will entail but I got plenty of spare time atm and will easily be able to find spare time at uni to do this

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Great to see this taking shape! Anyone else keen on this? These guys were interested earlier:

nikoli
    Marshy
    Joe
    LMAOAsylum
    Stubbsy

The last 2 we might need to PM to get their attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

need a tag system for the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    Great to see this taking shape! Anyone else keen on this? These guys were interested earlier:

nikoli
    Marshy
    Joe
    LMAOAsylum
    Stubbsy

The last 2 we might need to PM to get their attention.
    I can edit/write if you want me to as well. Something thats not esports. Like Gaming or something.

ATK Member

me too interested in this work provide us whatever work you want to have with us.....

ATK Member

i want to appply for this please could anyone help me in this where can i send my resume for the post i applied for

Thread Information