Thread: Site was hacked. Now we're back!

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Site was hacked. Now we're back!

So yeah, we actually got hacked.

The issue involved a rogue plugin which allowed the hackers to grant themselves admin. Once they'd done this, they went ahead to break the majority of the site.

But we're now back! Special thanks to vBulletin support for their painstaking fixing efforts .
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Re: Site was hacked. Now we're back!

Can we have the site back to being a forum and get these reviews moved else where so we will actually use the site again!

Gamer IDs

I agree with making the forum more prominent .

We should probably just show less articles on the homepage, and bring recent threads back to its original position (left column). It should also tell you which threads you've read already.

Are there any members of the community with knowledge of PHP, HTML & CSS? It wouldn't be hard to do.

I'm sure there is, will mention it on ts see if anyone is interested. I'm sure you don't mind us changing a few things so long as we get activity.

Also can we please have a teamspeak that works, its ridiculous that we could go to a random empty ts and it never dies, but this one is down at least 2 times a week with huge lag issues.

Gamer IDs

That sounds terrible! It's hosted with Gameservers.com, who are meant to be reputable. Mitch has access the account so perhaps you could ask him to get us moved to another server/get the problem fixed? Support has been helpful in the past.

Potentially we could also consider a new Teamspeak host. Any suggestions? I've already paid for this server for 12 months, so would need to persuade Gameservers to refund me the remainder of the contract.

Website wise - I'm not willing to cut the article system altogether, but I do agree that we need to reduce the amount of articles shown on the homepage. We can use this space for a new shiny Recent Threads section . Developers, if you are out there, let me know!!

Ok will try and help mitch with that, and see what ideas these clever people have with regards to the site and how easy we can change it slightly.

Agreed we do need some articles written aswell, I may have a go soon, but I know some people that are currently at uni may not have time which is fine (lol jks everyone has loads of free time at uni!!!).

Gamer IDs

Would be awesome to hear if anyone has any ideas for how the recent threads block should work/look! Definitely feel free to mock something up.

We need more articles badly. Someone needs to write something about valve's steambox for example.

Thread Information