Thread: PR Points

PR Points

I think that's what it's called anyway.

It's a system that comes with vbPlaza and it is based on things such as how many posts you have, competitions won etc. It comes with other options such as a bank to store your points safely and if you don't bank other members can steal your points (well attempt) by using the "Thief" option.

You can also give things such as gifts and ribbons and there is a lottery.

Don't ask me how this all works but I've seen it done on other vBulletin sites e.g. DutchDesignz but I think this could make the forum more popular and encourage people to post.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Re: PR Points

TBH, sound to me like a bad idea, because if one factor is how many posts you have, then it will just cause trash threads and posts to increase the number. I dont mind something to say how many competitions youve won out of how many youve entered, but it shouldnt be a 'currency' system, which is technically what this is. It also biases towards the forum-only members, because people that are mature go on TS and dont spend 10 hours reading forum posts, they are like me and go on for 10 mins a day, if even that.

Please don't say that people who use TS are more mature than those who use the forum, Hardie, Snake and Uzi don't use forums, they can't even spell, real mature.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

Sounds like a bad idea to me, the forums are just meant to be easy for people to use, we don't want to turn it into a competitive game.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Please don't say that people who use TS are more mature than those who use the forum, Hardie, Snake and Uzi don't use forums, they can't even spell, real mature.
    OK, so that bit was a bit wrong. Being me I have to put it into a long winded sentance, but what Chazlene said was what I was trying to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chazlene View Post
    Sounds like a bad idea to me, the forums are just meant to be easy for people to use, we don't want to turn it into a competitive game.
    True, the idea was for it to be a little fun but if someone complains before it's even up then theres no point in it being used.

Thread Information