Thread: DoW build orders

DoW build orders

So I've found myself bored but connected to the internet so I figured i would make a topic where everyone can post there build-orders for DOW..

so yeh heres one someone sent me ages ago

Your first servitor builds a chapel-barracks (hotkeys B then C)
    At your HQ queue up three servitors, a scout squad and the cloak research.

Put the HQ rally on your barracks (still being built)

When your second servitor is done select the two you have and assign them to a squad (I use 7)

Put your HQ rally on an empty space.

Select your third servitor, and tell him to build another barracks.

HQ rally on the new barracks.

As soon as your first barracks is done get your first servitor squad building an armoury (hotkeys B then R) then build two marine squads and your force commander.

When your 4th servitor is built squad him up with the 3rd (I use 8) then hold shift and tell them to build an armoury. When the second barracks is done build two marine squads and research frag grenades.

Set your HQ rally on the nearest strat. point.

Your scouts are built and move out to capture that point.

When your first armoury is done you can upgrade to tier 2 at your HQ, if you've done everything right you should be able to upgrade just as your cloak research is finished.

Now you should get each armoury doing one bit of research (I reccomend doing plasma pistol first).

This seems like a lot but it should only take about 2 to 3 minutes in game.

And now you've got a squad of scouts to go find the enemy base, a force commander to leave at home to intercept scouts and two marine squads for defense and two for capturing points.

From tier 2, you're on your own, strategy depends on the map and opponent, I generally have one servitor squad at home building two machine cults and two artifacts and the other squad out building listening posts but sometimes it's better to go straight for tier 3 at the risk of being rushed by your enemy's tier 2 (which means tanks).

And a few general things for Marines:

.Know your weapons - Plasma guns are very good against heavy inf and moderate against tanks and buildings, which makes them perfect for fighting other marine armies.
    .Heavy bolters rip through Eldar and Guard.
    .Flamers are good against weak morale units, like your basic Guard, Chaos and Orks.
    .Missile launchers are very good against buildings and tanks but your squad has to be stationary to fire them, so keep them away from the frontline!
    .A tactic I picked up from wee Jack the other day, land speeders are damn good at taking down infantry and combined with their speed and jump ability, with some good micromanagement they could make all the difference in a battle.
    .if you're going to deep strike dreadnoughts, don't give them any weapons and stick them right in the thick of it. Giving them a weapon immediately cuts in half the damage they can do in close combat.
    .If you're going to spend the money to build a land raider, look after it. Put one of your servitors in the back and pop him out for a quick repair every now and then.
    .You can also put servitors in your orbital relay and deep strike them around the map, which is a nice quick way of setting up a secondary base.

Like i said this isn't my build order but one i found quite useful, feel free to test it out and tell me what you think, ill probably add a few more for each class when i find time.

Enjoy
    Last edited by the witch; 15th February 2007 at 05:12 PM.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

Re: DoW build orders

Imperial Guard -

First set techpriest to build an Infantry Command, and create two guardsmen squad, and send them to nearest strategic points, but don't upgrade them yet.

Set first techpriest to build a plasma generator, and create a new techpriest, set him to build listening posts.

From Infantry Command build Command Squad, and group him with the two guardsmen squads and go take further out strategic points, upgrade to more men in squads slowly, not all at once, and upgrade to two grenade launchers and one plasma gun, set the first techpriest to build the armoury.

After second techpriest has built nearby listening posts, set him to build two plasma generators.

Next create Commisars for the two squads, or another squad if needed.

Next I just see how the battles is going and adapt my build orders to that, also the Imperial Guard's strong point is their vehicles, so build sentinels to take really far out strategic points or group them with guardsmen if they need it. Only bother with hellhounds if you need them, basilisks can be useful, but upgrade to full scale war as soon as you can and get some Leman Russ' into the battle.
    Last edited by Chazlene; 15th February 2007 at 11:54 PM.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Thread Information