Thread: Server Changes

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Server Changes

Recently I have had a few requests for some server changes to be made. First of all, the major problem is that, although our servers are good, we are not getting enough people playing on them. This is mainly due to the amount of stuff people have to download before they can even play on the server, such as:

• VIP skins
    • Bomb timer

Therefore, I am proposing that we remove the following from the server and see how this affects the popularity of the servers. This is what most people who join our server think:

...as soon as I see a crap download I cancel the server connection because it's a waste of time... - VoX
    I have also heard that skins lag servers, which is not a good thing at all (I am not aware of any proof, though).

So, if the general consensus is that these should be removed for the time being then I will do this. However, if our servers become really popular and we do not have any problems with filling up the servers, then I will consider adding them again. Addons like Mani, Eventscripts and Alpha Dogs will stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Re: Server Changes

Awesome, now lets just cross our fingers and hope that people come on like they did when Mani broke.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Ill agree with removal, and I don't see why alphadogs should stay. But why add them back if it gets popular, cause that defeats the purpose in the first place and will make everyone leave again.

Gamer IDs

Good point, we will consider the choice again if and when our servers get more popular. We are keeping Alphadogs because the size of the wav is 12.71 KB and will take less than half a second to download because it is on fast download as well.

Ah good. By the way the bomb timer is still on there.

Me and Oric were just on there and people joined but the server was laggy and eventually crashed. One person said they had a DCH server as well and it was lagging so hopefully it will be back up soon.

Gamer IDs

The servers' setting have now been changed - let me know if there are any problems.

Thread Information