Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dystopia - v.1 Released!

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Thumbs up Dystopia - v.1 Released!

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...there was a mod called Dystopia RC1...

Today (18/02/2007) at 02:36am the Dystopia Version 1 release date has been announced!

Many of you have probably never heard of the modification, nevertheless, it is one of the best mods I have ever played.

Quote from the official Dystopia site:

After spending over 3 years saying "when its done", I have the thrill of announcing that Dystopia Version 1 is in fact; done. We will be releasing it to the public next weekend. The exact times are:

12:00 a.m. Saturday February 24, 2007 in GMT
    07:00 p.m. Friday February 23, 2007 in US EST
    11:00 a.m. Saturday February 24, 2007 in AU ESDT

To celebrate we have a teaser trailer which shows off some of the exciting new features in Version 1. This video was created by The-Next, one of our fantastic supporters. It's a 28 meg video, encoded with divx 6.4.

www.dystopia-game.com
    What is Dystopia all about?

Dystopia is a Half-Life 2 modifcation which places the player into tense combat situations in a high tech world spanned by computer networks. As either Punks or Corp Mercenaries the player will fight through the physical world to gain access, via jack-in terminals, to cyberspace. Cyberspace is a three dimensional representation of the world's network. Inside cyberspace players will launch programs to hack into systems linked to the physical world, fight off enemy hackers or defend critical systems. Gameplay progresses through inter-linked physical and cyberspace objectives, some are completed in either the physical world or cyberspace, others only by a well timed combination of the two.

The player will be immersed in action packed battles, whether as a heavily augmented combat mercenary armed to the teeth with the latest in firepower and implants, or a twitch reflex cyberdecker racing to infiltrate a cyberspace node. Only through skillful use of the high tech arsenal we're making available and intelligent team play will players truly jack-in and kick ass.

As a result of this release we will be setting up a server!

I am afraid that due to CPU usage we will be shutting down the Surf maps server to replace it with this for a certain amount of time (depends how popular it is).

Now, I would like every C2G Member to download this (requires HL2), you don't have to, but judging on how much I loved RC1, you will love this! If you did not like RC1, then please give this a try, it has been in development a long time and many improvements have been made.

Prepare for the best Saturday ever! Remember, the more the merrier! (It will be quite a large download so make sure you start in good time).

// Chalex4
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

Re: Dystopia - v.1 Released!

:0 you stoled that screenie from PHW

I never got the beta of Dystopia, I'll probably download this though.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

THE PRECIOUS SURF SERVER NOOOOOoooo!

(Stolen from the movie Hutch's adventures)

Can we please put this to vote.... People actually like the surf server.... Get rid of DODS if you have to.
    Last edited by Hutch; 18th February 2007 at 08:58 PM.

Gamer IDs

I will decide closer to the time which one goes, it may be the DODS one, we'll see...

Gamer IDs

Getting rid of the surf server???!!!! Didn't see that bit... yeah please put this to a vote, and let everyone try the game on other servers to see if they like it.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

There will be votes etc. nearer the time. If you all love the Surf server so much then of course I will leave it up

I don't think we should set up a server for a game that none of us have played just because chalex says so. If you want to play it go on another server.

Gamer IDs

Yeah exactly, we should all try it first, and if any server has to go, it should be the DODS server, since it is not as popular as the surf server.

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

Yes...that is what I said above, if you actually read it. The DODS server will go down if the Surf does not. I will of course not set up a server if nobody likes it, it will definitely be worth a try though!

I'd definately be down for some dystopia action, I've played it since early beta and i have to agree that it is an awesome total conversion mod.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Tried it, good for about 3 or 4 days, then got boring. Similar scenarios, diffrent maps, same weapons, too much like UT2004 Assault Mode for my liking.

Gamer IDs

It has been released. I have already downloaded it and I will play it this afternoon! Download it here:

http://www.dystopia-game.com/

- exact file size: 541,633,210 bytes
    - md5 sum: 2ceed7513533511c2b83002aaebcedd2

Will download... If its shit though chalex youve got a lot to answer for.

hehe dled it and bout to play

have dled it and played it... its ok in someways but shit in others.

Thread Information