Thread: Laptop Troubles.

Unhappy Laptop Troubles.

Heyy, i run an ancient Laptop for my steam games, as steam doesn't want to make friends with my newer vista laptop, but after about 30minutes of gameplay the old XP laptop gives up all will to live and my fps and performance drop. Alot. I mean down to like, 4fps. I have graphics to minimum, nothing is running in the background, and im not getting a new laptop or desktop.. Any help?
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Midge18 Steam ID: Midge18

Re: Laptop Troubles.

drivers??

sounds like temp problems thats ruling out any kind of spyware.

make sure you close your A/V when playing games will give you a massive increase.

could be a scheduled program as well.

and set your game to above normal priority.

but the most likley problem is heat.

sounds like a heat problem, might need to go outside into the snow with your pc.

stick in the fridge for 20 minutes ^&^

if you can take the case off and play like that or open some more holes somewhere for better air flow and heat dissapation.

Yeah, that laptop does get hot, it also messes up the Vista graphics stuff if it heats up, maybe the same for XP? But yeah, i'll try it out, maybe sit in my room with the tiny little windows open xD But thanks and i'll try that stuff.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

whats the specs of the laptop?

Jesus, tbh i have no idea, but i know it runs some 2 year old ATi graphics card, that laptop isn't mine so I dont keep tabs on it.

Just an extra pointer, I've just remembered that it runs low on Virtual Memory, that also seems to be related to the slowing down. I'm not too comp-literate for a gamer so is there any way I can stop this running low so quickly?

Ah, well go to system in control panel. then advanced, then performance settings then advanced again under that, and crank up the virtual memory you are alloting from your hard drive (be sensible, not too much, as then you wont be able to use alot of storage space, and windows wont use all the virtual memory)

Ah alrite, i'll try that next time I'm on the old laptop.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    Jesus, tbh i have no idea, but i know it runs some 2 year old ATi graphics card, that laptop isn't mine so I dont keep tabs on it.
    Do dxdiag in the run box, a read through the end results will give you the specs.

Thread Information