Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: **The PC Cases Gallery**

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

**The PC Cases Gallery**

Here is the thread for everyone to post pictures of their PC cases.

These are the rules which must be kept to:
    • IMAGES MUST BE NO BIGGER THAN 640x480.

• A MAX OF 5 IMAGES PER POST. IF YOU HAVE MORE, PROVIDE A LINK BELOW.

• IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE THE IMAGES DOWN, PLEASE RTM THE POST SO THEY ARE DELETED. IF YOU MOVE THEM, PLEASE EDIT YOUR POST.

• THIS THREAD SHOULD ONLY SHOW PICTURES OF YOUR CASES. PLEASE DO NOT POST ROOMS AND OTHER RANDOM THINGS.

It doesn't matter if your PC isn't pimped, it is still nice to see what you use .

I will get this started with some piccies of my new build:

I am using the Antec 900 case with 2 blue cold cathodes. The huge tower is cooling my CPU, it is the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme heatsink paired with a Scythe S-FLEX 120mm 1600RPM fan. The Thermalright heatsink is generally considered the best CPU air cooling solution on the market, without going into water cooling etc. You can see the rest of my specs by clicking the link below my name on the left.

Feel free to comment, but please remember that this thread is mainly for pictures.
    Last edited by Calneon; 28th July 2010 at 01:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Re: **The PC Cases Gallery**

PC Update Log 25.7.08

Just got my order in from scan/OCUK to put a new file server, another 150gb raptor for raid 0 for the gaming rig and some new fans, new 1TB drive and fan controller.

Problems already they sent a Raptor 150gb although I bought a 150gb raptor X (windowed).

Getting under way,

Getting the case apart,

Its a Mess

Fitted the new HDD and flipped most of the fans so all the intake at the front and all the exhaust are at the back, also added two new 120mm to the top of the case. Just mounted the new file server to it MB tray.

Holes have been circ sawed for the second PSU, and now its time for BBQ and have to go out to pub so leaving till tommrow.
    Last edited by ez64; 25th July 2008 at 05:10 PM.

Did some work last night and finished it today on the hardware side.

Heres the file server getting tested and prodded before it goes in, A padded rention PCI bracket was installed to keep the second PSU from shorting the GFX card.

Just got some message tape to cover the Drilled holes on the top of the case, anyone got any ideas as to what it should say?

Finnaly the case while its having the OS's installed, cable managment? Meh.

Tried to clean the cables up but until I buy some longer sata cables I cannot do much.

Last edited by ez64; 27th July 2008 at 12:16 AM.

Gamer IDs

I spy with my little eye, an IDE cable and an AMD CPU! Any reasons why you didn't go for SATA and Intel?

Am I right in thinking that you are running two separate systems inside that case? I am thinking this because you have two mobos lying around, or are you just replacing one with the other. Oh, and I'm not sure that you have enough fans .

Apart from that, the case and components look great. Unfortunately I don't have the room for a case of that size.

Considering im using 5/6 sata ports for the file server drives and when I dont need it to boot up fast or have any kind of HDD thrashing, I thought it was fine to use a IDE connector for the OS so I dont have to buy a £100 sata PCI-X expansion card right now.

As for AMD I just went for price/performance/features and the intel options were just not as good as the AMD parts are selling for chips now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    I'm not sure that you have enough fans .
    Haha

Yes its my file server and gaming rig in one, just a network cable going to the file server and I vnc the shit out of it
    Last edited by ez64; 27th July 2008 at 02:27 PM.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

i also notice you have a tablet pc from hp like mine =]

Yup tis quite useful or was for uni work and just when im pc building and need to know a config or jumper setting its perfect to use anywhere.

Double Post and image whore but here we go ,

Finished product.

Yes two Plastic Pens and rubber bands holding them together is how the pro's do anti vibration

And the Bat Cave for today.

Last edited by ez64; 27th July 2008 at 04:25 PM.

Gamer IDs

Awesome setup you have there, I will be posting images of mine when I have my new 24" widescreen monitor.

On another note, what chair do you have there, is is comfortable, where did you get it from, and how much did it cost? (I am on the lookout for a new chair if you couldn't guess ).

Holy hell, all of that off an AMD Dual Core? I can see the big heat sink and fan but how hot does that get?

I'm jealous of the multi monitors , I would but a new GCard so I could run 2 monitors but I've only got a 250W PSU and it's Packard Bell so it's going to be really useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    Awesome setup you have there, I will be posting images of mine when I have my new 24" widescreen monitor.

On another note, what chair do you have there, is is comfortable, where did you get it from, and how much did it cost? (I am on the lookout for a new chair if you couldn't guess ).
    Got it from staples I think there normally best for proper chairs, and the amount of time im on the pc The chair that cost me £120 ish and has lasted me two years is the best usage of cash I had in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by VoX View Post
    Holy hell, all of that off an AMD Dual Core? I can see the big heat sink and fan but how hot does that get?

I'm jealous of the multi monitors , I would but a new GCard so I could run 2 monitors but I've only got a 250W PSU and it's Packard Bell so it's going to be really useless.
    Does get hot when its at 3.01ghz from 2.6 but It gives a nice air tunnel effect in the case.

Two AM2 dual cores , but the monitors all run off a 8800 GTS and a 8400 GS on the same system in the SLI slots with SLI turned off, then I just use VNC a type of Remote desktop software to access the fileserver.
    Last edited by ez64; 27th July 2008 at 05:05 PM.

For your file server do you use a Windows Server or a Linux distro?

XP Pro SP3 funnily enough with VNC , Looked into using server 03 and I will probably switch to it as im used to the server only load balancing and such.

One thing would be if steam ran on server 03/08

You mean for hosting game servers on it?

If you do host servers on it, please host a Project Reality Training server (Training mod removes crappy spawn times.)

EDIT: All I can find for hosting Steam servers: LINK
    Last edited by VoX; 27th July 2008 at 06:31 PM.

Ive got no plans for external server its mainly just for in house but the cpu is pretty much 100% free so Ill have a look for what it could be used for externally since ive got 2.6mb upload

Thread Information