15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 80.00%
  • No

3 20.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove moderator from Oricalcos

Remove moderator from Oricalcos

Right, radical suggestion here, and its been getting on my large moobs recently.

Remove Oricalcos' Moderator in the WOW Sub forum in the MMORPG section.
    Recently he has been abusing this privilege openly.

The "Where is everyone in the world (of Warcraft)" thread has been wiped about 3 times by Mr Oricalcos, leaving just the first post, with the reason "Off Topic", funny seeing as most of the posts gave their locations in the world (of Warcraft). The only reason he deleted the posts was because 1 or 2 said that they had given up WoW, not exactly off topic In its less altered form (1 post was perma deleted by him): http://www.atkcommunity.com/showthread.php?t=784

The second annoyance by him in this sub forum, has been his deletion of my portal thread with the reason "pruning", That was not off topic, and its provacative title was meant to be a joke, the thread contained nothing offensive at all, but again, he took offence, and as HE COULD delete it, he did, even though the thread was 3 days old when he deleted it.... the forum doesn't really need pruning. Here it is unchanged, think why you would delete that for "pruning" please : http://www.atkcommunity.com/showthread.php?t=830

In fact, anyone who posts in that forum who isnt really actively involved in WoW gets their post deleted for being off topic, even if voicing an opinion on the topic of the thread (admittedly not all of them are constructive).

Another case awhile back (its old but still goes on, but common in the wow forum, this is a thread about MCR, found here: http://www.atkcommunity.com/showthread.php?t=27 (hopefully now untampered, below is a picture with tampering)

See. that even beloved administrator Chalex's posts have been deleted for not agreeing with him.
    I would post more pictures but i didnt screengrab them as I was more concerned with getting those threads back in their uncensored form. Chalex can check the history himself.

IT IS NOT FAIR TO CENSOR OTHER PEOPLES THINGS.

I think this is just a case of Oric abusing admin because he can as he lost his TS admin. He is also being too much of a fanboy defending his precious game, but censorship of other users posts when they are not breaking any of the given forum rules is wrong (its not objectionable, its reasoned mostof it, or just an opinion, not saying the world is flat), even if we are allowed to edit, its a very evil thing to do.

Most of the moderating Chazlene and I do right now is fixing links and tidying up peoples posts who cant use url or quote tags well. Good that he keeps those thread necros at bay but, kindly stop him now as he's a power crazed moron right now. He doesn't need it as most of the things can be done by Chaz and I quite easily enough, and you don't need moderator to post a thread, and if people don't like the game and post about that fact, its not terribly off topic, and its the games problem. You can't make it go away by deleting it anyway as people still wont like it Oric. We can still ensure that posts are on the whole constructive and not a complete "lol it sucks" fest.

Why does he even need it?
    Last edited by Hutch; 20th February 2008 at 02:22 AM.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

Re: Remove moderator from Oricalcos

Voted yes, deleting posts that are not 100% on topic is just being a control freak, and why should he have moderator anyway if he doesn't donate?
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post

See. that even beloved administrator Chalex's posts have been deleted for not agreeing with him.
    Im not voting but Hutch, get your tongue out of Chalex's ass

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Look, If you wish to post crap and off-topic posts in threads, then do it somewhere where you know they won't be deleted and are actually cared for.

Also,

I think this is just a case of Oric abusing admin because he can as he lost his TS admin.
    No. I am simply doing the job of a moderator of keeping threads in check and making sure rules are followd - which are plainly visible at the start of the first thread - and removing those posts which don't contribute significantly to the topic, or are abusive to other members, and ,to be quite honest Hutch, half your posts on this forum have either been pointless, spam, or simpple cheap shots at trying to get at me for no reason. So for once, decolourize your face, stop being such a twat, get some fucking friends and realise what a fucking petty fat fuck you are.
    Last edited by Isphera; 20th February 2008 at 12:04 PM.

Gamer IDs

Oric, believing that every post has to be completely on topic in a thread is just going too far, It'll make the forums too strict, too hard to use, and people won't want to return to the website. You're just using your moderator powers just because you can, not because you need to.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    Look, If you wish to post crap and off-topic posts in threads, then do it somewhere where you know they won't be deleted and are actually cared for.

Also,

No. I am simply doing the job of a moderator of keeping threads in check and making sure rules are followd - which are plainly visible at the start of the first thread - and removing those posts which don't contribute significantly to the topic, or are abusive to other members, and ,to be quite honest Hutch, half your posts on this forum have either been pointless, spam, or simpple cheap shots at trying to get at me for no reason. So for once, decolourize your face, stop being such a twat, get some fucking friends and realise what a fucking petty fat fuck you are.
    Read the rules, http://www.atkcommunity.com/rules.php. It doesn't say what people are posting in those threads is wrong, there isnt a rule about going too off topic, usually a polite "on topic please" is a good idea. Also, lets not get too personal on this issue. Randomly insulting people based on physical appearance isn't going to help you argue your case in any way.
    And don't talk to me about spam, you have been known to post youtube threads with a 2 word description.

Also, have another infraction for swearing

Gamer IDs

Also, lets not get too personal on this issue. Randomly insulting people based on physical appearance isn't going to help you argue your case in any way.
    Hold on, you seem to do this all the time on TS and the forum? Why should me doing it be any different?

I said, on this ISSUE. And I think many people would say that you are often the one who randomly comes up to me and starts giving me grief, do not make yourself out to be like Jesus here.
    Last edited by Hutch; 20th February 2008 at 12:16 PM.

are moderators supposed to swear?

Gamer IDs

OK, you both insult each other loads, so it cancels out, and leave it at that. Oric, listen to Hutch about just posting something like 'on topic please', no one will like you or enjoy the community if you're too strict.

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

@ F.O.W : Hutch seems to all the time, so I was also exercising that line as well.

@ Hutch : Two things. One, it doesn't just apply to this issue, since this issue seems to come from the 'angst' you have over other issues. Two, that is just horseshit. How many times have I posted on a thread or gone into a TS channel, and then had you instantly post abusive and degrading comments on them? I've personally have lost count.

@ Chazlene : I'm sorry if you don't like my methods for managing the forum, but if you have a problem, I would rather you come say to my face on TS, rather than create a pointless thread in an attempt to make me look like an evil power-hungry nazi.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    (1 post was perma deleted by him)
    Bit of misinformation there, a mod of one board can't delete the posts, you need moderator for the whole forum to do that.
    Last edited by Isphera; 20th February 2008 at 12:34 PM.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

I voted yes because I like jumping on the bandwagon.

This might be a bit off topic but how comes oric gets his own custom user title when i had to pay for mine?

More evidence... despite having warnings, Marcus Cross has gone and deleted posts again... in the "Where is everyone in the World (of Warcraft)" thread http://www.atkcommunity.com/showthread.php?t=78. All of which were not vastly off topic.

I have put these posts back.

God this is like a never ending war

Thread Information