Thread: HNS server

HNS server

I have seen a problem emerge from the game. On maps with small items to hide as ( mainly office) people decide to turn into small items and then have no purpose of hiding, but instead, decide to make the ct's chase. This would be fine with me accept it is near impossible to catch people as phones or keyboards.

I Can only see two ways of stopping this

1:take away small items from list of things to hide as

2: give admins power to kick players for making chase.

Please post thoughts

17:42 - Colonel Mitch |ATK|: DE IS NOT A NOOB

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

Re: HNS server

Yes, this is a well known problem, the other one is people quickly changing to small objects when caught, which is ok if the round time was really long, but considering it's about three minutes is jut annoying...

I guess number 2 is the best one, and a warning on the main screen about phone running etc.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

I think it's perfectly fine for them to do that. I honestly think it's quite funny to chase a phone around, or to actually be the phone and winding your chasers up so much as you keep going between their legs and changing direction constantly.
    Last edited by Isphera; 22nd February 2008 at 10:44 PM.

The mod is clearly called hide and seek not hide and chase a phone round a office with a shotgun, I can do that in real life if I wanted. ^&^

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

I think that the best idea is that if someone constantly changes into a phone and just runs around, never actually hiding, warn him through the admin chat that if he, or anyone else, does it again, he will be kicked. If he does do it again, you can kick him. However, please make sure that he deserves to be kicked, since I think it is OK if people move to their next hiding place as a phone.

If this doesn't work, and people still do this, then I will ask the creator about the logistics of removing one or two models, or perhaps making it so that only X amount of people can be certain objects.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Ok cheers Chalex just got annoying (although it is fun when you are the phone)

DUHH... easier thing to do: Change the run speed of phones and small objects so they cant run away so quickly.

Its not how fast they are thought its the weaving in and out with is annoying, tbh dont think it would make a big diffrence

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    DUHH... easier thing to do: Change the run speed of phones and small objects so they cant run away so quickly.
    Hutch, all of the objects move at exactly the same speed, I cannot set them individually. Smaller objects just seem to be moving faster because they are harder to hit and very small compared to everything else. Although, I might talk to the developer and see if it would be possible for him to add variable speeds for different objects.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

Well I think it's wrong if people spend the whole time running around as phones, but is alright if they quickly change into one to escape then hide again, if you're sensible enough you'd buy the pump action shotgun and kill them in one hit before they have a chance to run off.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Chazlene View Post
    ...if you're sensible enough you'd buy the pump action shotgun and kill them in one hit before they have a chance to run off.
    TBQH, that's why you should be allowed, if people are stupid enough to buy crap weapons, then they should just suffer the concequences of their idiocy.

Its still hard to hit a fucking phone with a shotgun if its running around you at high speed, its HIDE AND SEEK, NOT Chase the cunt who hasn't got a life and doesn't change.

ATK Member

I agree with Hutch; it's still hard to hit a phone that's weaving, running and dodging with a shotgun.

I propose we make Oric the sole CT some time and see how he likes it.
    WE WILL NOT PLAY WOW

NOW KINDLY FUCK OFF.

The techno remix!

Gamer IDs

I quite like phone hunting, so If you wanna do it sometime, ill come on tonight.

Thread Information