Thread: Your Broadband?

Your Broadband?

This is kind of a follow up to the Tired Of Your Bad Download Speed? thread.

So what broadband do you have, what perks do they give you and what do you think of them?

All I can say about mine is DON'T GET TISCALI!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

Re: Your Broadband?

I have Demon broadband, I'm satisfied with it but it is rather slow because it's shared between two other computers and I live in the middle of the countryside. I don't know much about it since my parents had it first when I was using AOL. But so far as I can tell the download limit seems to be alright since I have never appeared to go past any limit. Also there's no crappy software you have to install like with AOL.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Isn't AOL the only ISP that you need to install their own Web Browser?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

Could be, but I don't know much about ISP's, and you don't actually need to use the browser after installing it.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Bt gives you its own special web browser... it is possible to use AOL sans software, you just have to use the ACTUAL drivers for the modem you are given (google is your friend) , not their fake ones.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: gkgary

On BT. Shared between 3 computers (Only one (mine) is usually on), 1 laptop on wireless (not often on) and my brothers xbox live... SLOW AS HELL!

pff torrents on full whack on a torrent box, one pc playing wow, another tablet on wireless, another pc downstairs which is used for email/web social and another for wc3/css and my one for my games.

and still loads videos/pages insanley fast, once you go be you dont go back ^&^

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Wewt!

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

The problem for me is that I'm 1.5km from the exchange (straight line, so cable will be longer) and there is no cable in my area so no Virgin Media. I'm seriously considering Be. Even if I don't get the 24Mb/s I'm sure to get more than my current 1.5Mbps (supposed to be 8Mbps.)

VoX Be* are amazing, it hardly ever goes down, ive had it for a year now and its only gone down twice, one was where they had a power failure and the other when there was an update to the system which they told everyone that it was going down. speeds are amazing and they never tell you to stop downloading ive downloaded about 50 gig this month and they havent contactd me once about me downloading to much.

I physically struggle to go over 20 as I never DL pure crap.

I dont download pure crap I like having my media center being a proper media center.

Everything you could want on demand apart from candy mountain that shit is just too far ^&^

I probably average about 25gb per day, sometimes 15 sometimes 48.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

I get 50GB on peak and 50GB off peak, I have gone over one before to the exent of 225GB downloaded peaktime, but 20GB off peak, so they didn't bitch. Nildram are wierd. Bear in mind our net has to cope with 3 desktops and 3 laptops

Thread Information