There's been some discussion in the chatbox about this, so I thought I'd make a new thread. I was surprised that many of you didn't know it had been released, with it being the biggest PC exclusive title in the past few years, and sequel to the most popular RTS ever.

Personally, I am in love with this game. It does everything right, and that for me justifies the £35 price tag they are charging for it. The campaign is incredibly polished, with unit upgrades you buy from research points and credits you earn from doing missions. Between each mission you are returned to the ship which is fully rendered in 3D where most of the cut scenes happen, and you can upgrade your army and replay earlier missions. Each mission has 3 achievements for it which add something extra to aim for, from simple things like complete the mission in a short time, or things like destroy the enemy base in a defense mission. I can't really describe how polished and fantastic each mission is. Every mission has a different theme, no two are even similar. You can tell this is one of the biggest budget games ever made.

Moving on to multiplayer, the quality from the singleplayer has been kept up. When you start, you can play up to 50 unranked practice matches to learn the ropes, after that you play 5 placement matches, after which it ranks you either as copper, silver, gold, platinum, or diamond, and that's the league you play in, and it will match you with other people of similar rank. It's like the perfect league system build right into the game. If you want to play 2v2, it's as easy as adding you friend through Battle.net, adding him to your party, and doing the same thing as you do for 1v1, but for 2v2. It's really very effective.

So, anyone who has it, what do you think? I'm on the second to last mission at the moment and it's getting very hard, and i'm getting good at the multiplayer, classed in gold in both 1v1 and 2v2 (with trigger).