15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 80.00%
  • No

3 20.00%

Thread: Remove moderator from Oricalcos

Threaded View

Remove moderator from Oricalcos

Right, radical suggestion here, and its been getting on my large moobs recently.

Remove Oricalcos' Moderator in the WOW Sub forum in the MMORPG section.
    Recently he has been abusing this privilege openly.

The "Where is everyone in the world (of Warcraft)" thread has been wiped about 3 times by Mr Oricalcos, leaving just the first post, with the reason "Off Topic", funny seeing as most of the posts gave their locations in the world (of Warcraft). The only reason he deleted the posts was because 1 or 2 said that they had given up WoW, not exactly off topic In its less altered form (1 post was perma deleted by him): http://www.atkcommunity.com/showthread.php?t=784

The second annoyance by him in this sub forum, has been his deletion of my portal thread with the reason "pruning", That was not off topic, and its provacative title was meant to be a joke, the thread contained nothing offensive at all, but again, he took offence, and as HE COULD delete it, he did, even though the thread was 3 days old when he deleted it.... the forum doesn't really need pruning. Here it is unchanged, think why you would delete that for "pruning" please : http://www.atkcommunity.com/showthread.php?t=830

In fact, anyone who posts in that forum who isnt really actively involved in WoW gets their post deleted for being off topic, even if voicing an opinion on the topic of the thread (admittedly not all of them are constructive).

Another case awhile back (its old but still goes on, but common in the wow forum, this is a thread about MCR, found here: http://www.atkcommunity.com/showthread.php?t=27 (hopefully now untampered, below is a picture with tampering)

See. that even beloved administrator Chalex's posts have been deleted for not agreeing with him.
    I would post more pictures but i didnt screengrab them as I was more concerned with getting those threads back in their uncensored form. Chalex can check the history himself.

IT IS NOT FAIR TO CENSOR OTHER PEOPLES THINGS.

I think this is just a case of Oric abusing admin because he can as he lost his TS admin. He is also being too much of a fanboy defending his precious game, but censorship of other users posts when they are not breaking any of the given forum rules is wrong (its not objectionable, its reasoned mostof it, or just an opinion, not saying the world is flat), even if we are allowed to edit, its a very evil thing to do.

Most of the moderating Chazlene and I do right now is fixing links and tidying up peoples posts who cant use url or quote tags well. Good that he keeps those thread necros at bay but, kindly stop him now as he's a power crazed moron right now. He doesn't need it as most of the things can be done by Chaz and I quite easily enough, and you don't need moderator to post a thread, and if people don't like the game and post about that fact, its not terribly off topic, and its the games problem. You can't make it go away by deleting it anyway as people still wont like it Oric. We can still ensure that posts are on the whole constructive and not a complete "lol it sucks" fest.

Why does he even need it?
    Last edited by Hutch; 20th February 2008 at 02:22 AM.

Thread Information